PDA

View Full Version : Navman S45

VivaRaquel
17th March 2009, 07:52 PM
Hey all -also just bought one and it is great on the road - unfortunately, the desktop software (Navdesk) does not work.

My Navdesk won't allow me to send my custom POI file to the S80 - and Navman support can't help. Can anyone tell me if they are using Navdesk and can load custom POI's to their device? Just trying to work out if I have an install issue or there is a bug in the software.
Ta

Grant

I recently bought a navman s45 and about a week later a friend got me into geocaching. Apparently I am supposed to be able to add custom POIs via Navdesk.

I spent a considerable amount of time trying to work this out. I see that the visual logo and audio file were added to the device via navdesk and also the Geocaching category. I made it so that these would show for the custom POIs entered into the category.

I then got a file of POIs from the friend and did this unmentionable thing (used GSAK) to turn it into a CSV file so it could be uploaded via navdesk.

Unfortunately this hasn't worked. I hope someone knows what I am talking about and can help me out. Thank you.