PDA

View Full Version : Magellan Explorist communication to the Lap top.

4 Whl_Billycart
24th March 2009, 09:16 AM
Hi Guys. I read more than I post on here.

I have had a Magellan Explorist 400 for some time now & use it for recording my tracks. That is the extent that I use it currently.

I have installed the software that came with the Magellan GPS onto the lap top & when I connect the GPS to the laptop it will not allow me to down load/ import the files. When the GPS is connected to the laptop it looks for the connectivity & the baud rate between port 1 & port 3 ( as if it is a first time connection) but then will not acknowledge that the GPS is connected. I am able to see that the the files are on the GPS if I view the files as if the GPS is a memory device hence I know the cable works.
The cable used is the USB to GPS that is supplied as well as doubling up as the power cord. (American connection.)

I have tried the search criteria with little help with the last suggestion that I tried as being the comport selection on the magellans goes up to 6.

:confused

Has any one any further possible suggestions.

darylr
24th March 2009, 09:32 AM
Hi,
The software that comes with the Explorist is Mapsend which is used to work with the files from your GPS.
The transfer of files to and from the GPS is done as an external drive via the USB.
I have never bothered to use the other system as the above is quicker and easier.
I only use the USB transfer system to talk to Ozie with moving map.

regards
Darylr

4 Whl_Billycart
24th March 2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks Darylr.

Can I assume that you also do not use the Magellan GPS to down load directly onto the mapsend soft ware & the supplied map. You transfer directly onto the pc only as if the GPS was a memory stick?