PDA

View Full Version : Destinator and Navman??

princess66
1st February 2006, 05:01 AM
Just wondering if it's possible to use Destinator on a Navman PIN570 that is already running Smart ST?? If it will how do you set it up??

Patrolman Pat
3rd February 2006, 02:15 PM
I can't answer specifically but I have no problem running Ozi on my Navman. I can't see why you couldn't load Destinator on to what is basically a just PDA and GPSR. You'd need an SD card because there ain't too much memory spare on the Navman.
I had a look at Destinator on my old PDA and i don't know why you would want or need Smart ST and Destinator on the same device, but each to their own.

UncySpam
3rd February 2006, 06:58 PM
i managed to get tomtom running on a mates navman, but I cant remember what type of device it was to tell you if it was the same as yours.

he wanted it for maps of europe as tomtom has much better euro coverage than smartst does...

princess66
4th February 2006, 11:00 AM
Just curious to see which one is better. If I buy a seperate sd card and put Destinator on it would I have to uninstall Smart ST off the PDA??

Patrolman Pat
4th February 2006, 02:04 PM
Just curious to see which one is better. If I buy a seperate sd card and put Destinator on it would I have to uninstall Smart ST off the PDA??

Shouldn't need to. I have Ozi on my PDA main memory and the maps, track files etc on an SD card. I just remove the Navman SD card and put the Ozi maps in. The same set up should work with Destinator IMO. I did try to use the Navman maps with OziExplorer to see what happened and ended up having to do a hard reset after the whole thing froze up on me.

princess66
13th February 2006, 02:06 PM
Ok, put Destinator on my SDcard and the software seems to working but won't detect the GPS. Any ideas??

Nicko
6th August 2006, 10:35 AM
We don't deal with Mio but I assume that Destinator needs to know the port the GPS is on. The Mio may have it mapped to some virtual port and I suggest you install the free software on the oziexplorer web site to find it. Port Checker is the software to use.

wombatK
3rd November 2006, 07:48 PM
Ok, put Destinator on my SDcard and the software seems to working but won't detect the GPS. Any ideas??

On the pin 570, the SmartST software turns off the GPS receiver when it exits (battery saving tactic). Did you have to manually turn it on (via Settings/GPS) and off before and after using Destinator ? Or does Destinator know how to power-up the GPS ?

Regards

WombatK

michaeld
4th November 2006, 08:25 AM
my HP pga has ST on the pda and maps on the card and ozi on the pda and maps on the same card both work fine

Yowie
4th November 2006, 09:13 PM
I have both Destinator and Smart ST on my pda, as well as Ozi, and they work fine. I'm still deciding which one I will keep. I think Destinator is a bit better.

I use a bluetooth GPS receiver so I don't know how different that will be from yours, but what I have found is that, while Ozi and Smart ST will automatically connect up with the gps, I have to manually connect with the gps before I run Destinator.

I just had to tell Destinator which port and what speed to connect.

Hope this helps, even a little bit. :action-sm