PDA

View Full Version : OziExplorer and PDA Navman GPS sleeve compatability??

Darren
9th February 2006, 02:41 PM
I have a question about the compatability of the Namvan GPS receiver and the Oziexplorer software.
I have a HP IPAQ 5400 and Navman 3450 sleeve (with Smartst software installed on PDA that I use for city driving). I have downloaded the TRIAL versions of the OziExplorer software and OziExplorer CE and have successfully installed both on my home PC and PDA. Just out of curiosity I opened the software and demo map and then connected my Navman sleeve to see if I could pick up a signal and received a "GPS SUSPENDED" message on my PDA. Does this mean that sleeve did pick up a signal but the OziExplorer software blocks it because its only a trial version, or does the Navman sleeve not work with OziExplorer. Another theory I had was that the GPS co ordinates did not "fit in" with the demo map on the screen, therefore could not give the correct position in relation to the map.

Anyway, I would like to know if I can use the Navman sleeve after paying for the full software or will I have to buy something like a bluetooth GPS receiver?

Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Darren.

P.S. Anyone else run OziExplorer and GPS on a PDA set up like this???

michaeld
4th May 2006, 06:37 PM
I've just got one and will try ozi ce have you got any sugestions for me

Darren
4th May 2006, 07:05 PM
I was informed on another forum that it would work and it does!!

All you need to do is in the configuration settings in Ozi CE, go to NMEA (GPS) settings and change the communictions port to the required port from the drop down list (mine is COM4:Navman GPS).

I had also downloaded an updated driver from Navman for the sleeve from the website.

Now I use the Navman Smartstreet program for driving around towns and cities and use Ozi CE for goin out bush and fishing etc.

Cheers.

hangover
5th May 2006, 02:31 PM
i RECENTLY GOT A BLUETOOTH GPS FOR MY IPAQ AND I HAD TO FIDDLE WITH THE SETTINGS A BIT FOR IT WORK, I THOUGHT IT MAY HAVE BEEN BECAUSE OF USING THE TRIAL VERSION OF OZI CE BUT IT WORKS FINE NOW.