PDA

View Full Version : Uniden GPS 301.... playing mouse

tx4000
22nd February 2006, 08:09 PM
Howdy, when I boot laptop with the 301 plugged into com1 the cursor goes mad, clicks on things etc etc... is there a way to stop XP from thinking gps is a pointing device ? if I boot then plug its fine, but if I leave plugged (301) and then boot, then mouse prob. The 301 finds lock quick.. too quick.. 2 sats ? seems accurate enough but not perhaps compared to the CF GPS.

arthurking83
22nd February 2006, 09:34 PM
Hi tx4000,

I have read lots of people have this problem!
I did too.

I saw some info where you edit a windows file and add a line to alleviate this problem..

It said to edit boot.ini on the C:\ drive and add the line NoSerialMouse to the last line, so it looks something like this....

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect/NoSerialMouse /NoExecute=OptIn

I'm not sure what your last line of boot.ini looks like, but that's what mine looks like now after I edited it.

And so far, after 7 months I have no WinXP mouse issues!

I have on occasion, got BSODs, while the GPSr is switched on when booting up!
But I'm yet to trace it to the boot.ini line, as it only happens when the GPSr is connected and ON??

It's happened maybe two or three times and could be too many other things to mention??
( I need to do a re-install very soon, anyhow!)

tx4000
23rd February 2006, 05:08 AM
Good man, its in, I will keep you posted :)