PDA

View Full Version : TOMTOM GO730 / Incompatible Phone

BOBA
2nd May 2009, 07:43 AM
Here is a warning for anyone who links their mobile phone to their TOMTOM for making calls on the move. I had my device linked to my old Motorola phone and have had no trouble.

I recently upgraded my mobile phone to a Telstra T7 and although the Blue Tooth connects the phone to the TOMTOM OK, when you dial from the TOMTOM it calls a different phone number than that selected from the TOMTOM phone book. Secondly, the function of copying the phone book in the mobile to the TOMTOM does not work as the two units are not fully compatible.

I contacted ZTE, the distributors of the Telstra T7 and they confirmed that the two are not compatible.

It's a bit late to find this out after you have entered a two-year contract on a plan with Telstra.

When I went to upgrade the phone I asked the sales person if the phone was compatible with my TOMTOM GO730 and he assured me it was. I am currently proceeding with a complaint through the Telstra system regarding the incorrect assurances I was given. What Chance?

vamvany
2nd May 2009, 01:16 PM
I have had the same problems with the 710 worked great with the motorola a very old flip phone, did not like my blackberry, sold that and bought a palm, did not like that, sold that and bought a samsung, did not like that so sold that and did a lot of research, bought a nokia e51, works like a dream.
During this fiasco contacted TT who's very short reply was to the effect " we do not support that phone/phones" hopeless and they won't upgrade their software, buy new seems to be the go with them, hence I have a post elswhere asking about the Garmin, no more TT for me.
I then went thru a lot of research to find that like USB, bluetooth is not just simply bluetooth ther eare a lot of different versions and if you get the wrong one you are lost at the beginning.
Easy answer to fix it, before buying a gps read their sectoin on phones and pairing, and only buy what they suggest.
chris f

BOBA
18th May 2009, 06:39 AM
I have had a great response from Telstra. They cancelled my contract for the T7 phone and accepted the return of that phone.

I have entered a new contract on the same plan as I was previously on but with a Motorola RAZR V9 phone. The V9 is fully compatible with my TOMTOM GO 730 and is an upgraded phone for the package I am on. At no cost to me!

A great and unexpected result.

BOBA
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BOBA
Send email to BOBA
Find all posts by BOBA
Add BOBA to Your Contacts

Nicko
18th May 2009, 10:33 AM
No one has done a review on compatible phones within AU for TomTom, Navman or Garmin. I will setup a section where people can show what GPS and what phone they used that works.

http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Nicko
18th May 2009, 10:39 AM
Vamvany please specify the models that did not work so I can add them to the review