PDA

View Full Version : unit turning off

wotafm
23rd May 2009, 11:54 AM
hi all

i have been playing with my new toy 60csx and have found when i try to search by name in the city page the unit displays the letters to input a name and seams to be searching but shuts down.in all the other seaches the unit seams fine.

if i remove the sd card and search just on the base map it is ok

i have reloaded the sd card with shonky, t4a, contours, and osm
as nicko must of loaded it up first thinking it my be corrupt data or somthing like that.

could it be settings?
has any one else had this?

thanks
wotafm

Nicko
23rd May 2009, 12:52 PM
This issue is intermittent, no one as yet has an explanation for it, It has even happened with OzTopo. People have suggested to reduce the area of map.

wotafm
24th May 2009, 03:37 PM
thanks nicko
i loaded just the east coast and it seamed to be ok

Tang70
2nd June 2009, 06:56 PM
Hi mate,

I uploaded oztopov2 to my 12month 60csx couple of days ago, and today found it also automatically switched off during a certain mode. It only occured when i selected "find", then waypoint. After it calculated the info to my waypoint, it worked fine for about 20 seconds till the next recalculate, then it powered down. After starting it up again, I stoppped navigation, and just used the moving map display, with no further issues. All other modes appear to work fine. It appears the the GPS processor has a heart attack during calculations and switches off. the installed SD card has all of australia loaded, and also all blue chart. Has anyone seen this?...I'm confident its not a fault with a unit, as its never skipped a beat since I got it. Hopefully its just a software conflict or memory issue. Can anyone offer advice?..thanks

Gee_You Patrol
2nd June 2009, 07:28 PM
reinstall the software and that might help

wotafm
3rd June 2009, 04:03 PM
i don't think it is a problem with the unit itself when i down sized the map contents to just the east coast it would search fine.
but when my dvd of garmin topo turned up (thanks nicko) i loaded all of oz and it would search with no problems so it must have somthing to do with the free maps not playing with the unit sometimes.

i could be wrong time will tell

Nicko
3rd June 2009, 05:41 PM
There is a bug issue that is intermittent depending upon the GPS you buy, some do and some don't work correctly. Make sure you haven't got Shonkymaps as well on that datacard but just Oztopo

Tang70
7th June 2009, 09:12 PM
Hi wotafm,

I think i may have found a solution to rthe problem. Reading about exact problem on other forums, it appears there may be a problem with the 60cxs latest software load (3.90). So as suggested by others, I reverted back to 3.70 and then reformatted the Data card. After that reloaded OzTopo & Aus Blue Chart on a 1GB card in stead of 4GB card. Its working a treat now. During nav mode, the unit has done numerous recalcs with no hicks up at all. 2morrow I will insert the 4GB card and reload all the above maps. This is the link to reverting to 3.70 & general discussion on problem.

http://www8.garmin.com/software/GPSMAP60CSx_370.exe

cheers Tang