PDA

View Full Version : A little help

vwq47
16th June 2009, 11:15 PM
I have not used a GPS previously but was looking at buying one for a trip to Birdsville from Bne. Blow-me-down but I FOUND a Tevion beside the road today and it works. I THINK I know why it might have been thrown away - it is very hard to press the lower left of the screen (and previous owner broke the corner !).
I have found my way round a little of it but can anyone tell me where I can get any useful software for it. (IT has no card in it yet, but I can sort that easily).

Can one put Tomtom software on it? If so, from where, and how?

I have it charging on a USB cable and have downloaded a manual, though it has little re using the Navigation software.
Would it be any good out from Thargomindah, Birdsville Marree etc?

Any comments appreciated. Sorry to be SO ignorant.

vwq47
a REAL beginner with GPS.

Nicko
16th June 2009, 11:45 PM
Reading up on the Tevion Forum within this site is your first call before asking.

Wahroonga Farm
17th June 2009, 06:22 AM
Would it be any good out from Thargomindah, Birdsville Marree etc?...Sorry to be the bringer of sad tidings.

In a nutshell it will be running Route 66. Pretty ordinary GPS engine. And no it will not be much use on outback tracks. No street navigator is; without additional mapping ... and you can't get additional maps for R66.

As for unlocking the unit; check the Tevion threads as Nicko mentioned. :)