PDA

View Full Version : DealDirect Deals

HappyJacky
22nd March 2006, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone,

Thought some of you might be interested in these couple of deals that I received by email.

1st: HP iPaq 5550 PDA - Out of stock but more on the way.
http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1738

Papago Australia 3D Navigation Software for PPC
http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1799

I'm not an agent or reseller, just a previous customer.

Cheers,
Happyjacky

arthurking83
22nd March 2006, 08:19 PM
Oh! Boy!!

...don't tell me you get their (twice)daily junk mail too??? :D

It's kinda addictive after a while!! :D

It's the only junkmail I actually look through, before I delete!!

Actually these guys aren't too bad to deal with....I got some reasonable stuff from them and their descriptions are very good!

I bought off ebay auctionsbrokers..(something like that), and then these guys(dealsdirect) bombarded me with junkmail!!

helterskelter400
23rd March 2006, 08:47 AM
these will run ozi ce right?? - HP iPAQ H5550 Compact Powerful Pocket PC

if i got one of these what else would i need.

it says it comes with microsoft ppc preinstalled and you can dl the active sync software. I can bluetooth/wifi netowrk with laptop but i suppose it will also need a card (sd 1gig??), ozi ce and ozf maps and then how do i plug my meridian colour into it?? and what else may i find it useful for??

arthurking83
23rd March 2006, 04:26 PM
OziCE will run on any version of WindowsMobile, like version 5 or 2003, 2002...etc, and will run on Palm with Windows Mobile OS...but not any Palm OS!!

I dunno about these PDA's but I got a USB-serial adapter to run my MeriColor, but the PDA has bluetooth as well...so a bt GPS will(should!!) work.

Ozi is kinda easy to configure...just had a hell of a time finding where the tracklog went to! (that's my main resaon for using it....the moving map is a bonus!

I found out it's best to load Ozi onto the PDA (i kinda stuffed it because I didn't know much, and I had little patience to RTFM!!)

All maps I have are on my 1Gig SD card too....so it sounds like you 'got it right'

I'm sure you could find a Serial cabley thingo to cutout the serial-USB adapter??

And for power while in the car, I got a multi-voltage pluggy thingy from Jaycar, and we discussed it in great depth with the salesman..about the 2Amp/4.5 volt output, but it turns out it works fine on my E800 (it needs 5V/3A), and it recharges the Hi-cap battery as well as operate Ozi, and the drawing program too...

if theres anything else I'll help with what just went through..

:)

vincentvega
24th March 2006, 05:52 AM
so is the cradle not really needed with these things?? As it appears to be missing its cradle. can all the cradle functionality be handled by bluetooth / wifi??

How would you charge it without the 22pin connector that plugs into the base?

(sorry - i know nothing about PDA's!)

Edit: guys please have a read of this thread - im seriously considering buying one of these!

http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1238

Craigus
24th March 2006, 06:40 AM
You can buy an after market USB sync/charge cable for most PDA's.