PDA

View Full Version : New Magellan with Auto Routing

Dooghan
26th March 2006, 04:45 AM
:p :p :p

arthurking83
26th March 2006, 07:29 AM
:D

Yeah....but that's one of the lower end Magellans! ;)

:D

Les Addison
26th March 2006, 07:53 AM
Don't think that was fair Doughan . Had me sitting forward waiting, as I am on 1/2 dialup speed at the moment till the 31sd when I go onto new plan 2gb HA HA :D

Dooghan
26th March 2006, 08:37 AM
Like I said

:p :p :p

mitchofsutho
26th March 2006, 12:35 PM
Word is, by the end of the year, Magellan will be bring out a handheld unit GPS with all the usual top end maping features, together with autorouting and it will be available in Australia by years end! Here's hoping!

arthurking83
26th March 2006, 02:05 PM
Word is, by the end of the year, Magellan will be bring out a handheld unit GPS with all the usual top end maping features, together with autorouting and it will be available in Australia by years end! Here's hoping!

Funny thing is....

They already have/had all that with the Explorist and Meridian!!

All they needed to do was release a DirectRoute version of DAST!!

Now by all accounts DR is very bad at direct routing...very limited options compared to Garmins...but if it's what people want!!!!!!!

:confused:

mitchofsutho
26th March 2006, 05:09 PM
G'day Arthur,

Apparently the Magellan mapping/autorouting GPSr will be an "all new" GPSr model capable of handling all the current DAST software as well as the current and future joint venture Magellan/Hema mapping products, together with auto routing.

As to whether the firmware, features and options of the new GPSr will change greatly to that of the current Explorer and Meridian models, who knows.

Hopefully the Magellan Direct Routing software will be as good, if not better than the Garmin software that you have described. Only time will tell.

BurnieM
28th March 2006, 06:08 PM
As others have said, the Meridians and eXplorists will auto-route but it is not a lot of good without maps that support auto-routing.