PDA

View Full Version : New roads in Turn-By-Turn

RichardP
13th April 2006, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know if any of the Turn-by-Turn programs allow new roads to be added to it's maps.

I have CoPilot, and I'm really frustrated with the fact that the database does not have new areas, and there is a gap of more than a year between map updates (which are always charged for).

It would be nice to drive along a new road where the map is blank, then tell the program the name of the road and have it add it to the database.

arthurking83
13th April 2006, 09:24 PM
I s'pose that's where these companies make their money!!

New roads...new maps!!

Update your maps...

It all costs money!

Money that will make these Navigator/Destinator/CoPilot software providers much more wealthy in years to come!! ;)

But I suppose it's the same as buying a street directory (hard copy...remember those? :p ).
They need to be updated regularly...does anyone know someone that uses a 1980's edition street directory? (except my Dad!! :D )

Nicko
17th April 2006, 02:10 AM
Co-Pilot, Garmin, Destinator, Papago, Navman etc all charge for updates because the dataset they use is purchased from Whereis.... which is a Sensis product, which is owned by Telstra... need I say more?

ErrolS
18th April 2006, 09:23 AM
Has anyone used PaPaGo Australia V7, currently being sold for around $299? I've only managed to find reviews of overseas versions, but none for the Australian version.

Nicko
21st April 2007, 01:16 PM
www.maction.com.au

We sell Papago and in fact is a worthy contender to all others available. They rely on the same dataset as TomTom etc do (Whereis), just the engine is different. We should have the software in our shop and we are supplying it with the Holux navigators. As a note the Road Angel series are in fact Holux street navigators

Nicko
21st April 2007, 01:21 PM
With regard to your initial thred q, there is no software where you can add new roads and make them turn by turn. The only product we have that allows you to create or add roads are the Novogo series navigators but all it does is show you where you are on that road. It is ideal for going bush on dirt tracks etc.

michaeld
21st April 2007, 04:17 PM
they dont build many roads around here so for most people they wouldn't notice many new streets