PDA

View Full Version : Mio C220 map update

Auswil
14th October 2009, 06:15 AM
My C22o has ver. 3.3 2007 maps. Mio advise 2008 update is no longer available. Can anyone advise where I could download update? :swim

The Explorer
14th October 2009, 09:06 AM
Its still shown on their webpage

http://aus.mio-store.com/Software%20and%20Maps/C320/520%202008%20Map%20Upgrade___339.htm

If you are chasing an illegal pirated copy you are asking in the wrong forum.

Cheers
Greg

Nicko
14th October 2009, 10:16 AM
I sort of agree with you there Greg, but what I hate seeing is the quick disposal of a perfectly good GPS, all because of, in this case, Navman screwing things up. If it wasn't for Garmin Topo the older units would be trash now but even so, this is only by luck rather than deliberate. :soapbox

The Explorer
14th October 2009, 10:28 AM
I sort of agree with you there Greg, but what I hate seeing is the quick disposal of a perfectly good GPS, all because of, in this case, Navman screwing things up. If it wasn't for Garmin Topo the older units would be trash now but even so, this is only by luck rather than deliberate. :soapbox

Lost me. The 2008 maps appear to be still avialable so there is no need to "dispose" of anything. If the 2008 maps arent actually available I assume 2009 ones are in progress?? Not sure what all this has got to do with old Garmins/Garmin Topo.

Cheers
Greg

Nicko
14th October 2009, 12:08 PM
I contacted Mio Australia and can confirm the C220 map is not upgradeable. You have linked to the C320/C520. If you note Mio show the C220 as a current product which it is not. This site has a lot of mis-information, expected for Mio and Navman historically.

They offer GPS upgrades at ridiculous prices. At least their map upgrades are better than Garmin not that $10 would encourage me to buy a Mio in a pink fit.

The Explorer
14th October 2009, 12:34 PM
snip < You have linked to the C320/C520. If you note Mio show the C220 as a current product which it is not. This site has a lot of mis-information, expected for Mio and Navman historically.

Yeah I just got the link from here - where it specifically states “order your new 2008 maps now C220 etc”. Weird.

Cheers
Greg

Nicko
14th October 2009, 01:02 PM
Considering it is 2009 going on 2010... 2008?

Mis-information as I said ;)

The Explorer
14th October 2009, 01:18 PM
Considering it is 2009 going on 2010... 2008?

Mis-information as I said ;)

They are telling the truth with respect to the age of the maps so thats not misinformation - up to buyer to decide if they want them at this late stage of 2009. The fact that the maps arent available for some models despite the add saying they are is misinformation.

I havent bothered updating the maps on my mio unit. Still gets me to 99% of the places I would ever want to go.

Cheers
Greg

Michael
14th October 2009, 01:32 PM
Hi Greg

I havent bothered updating the maps on my mio unit. Still gets me to 99% of the places I would ever want to go.Have you used the mio side by side with the TwoNav?
How do you find the TwoNav as an incar street navigator?

The Explorer
14th October 2009, 01:36 PM
Hi Greg
Have you used the mio side by side with the TwoNav?
How do you find the TwoNav as an incar street navigator?

Hi - sorry I havent tried it - I turned off the street vector mapping as soon as I got the unit. If I get a chance will give it a run in the near future and report back. Must be a few out there now - can anybody else report back?

Cheers
Greg

Nicko
14th October 2009, 01:42 PM
The Aventura has 2009 Navteq/Hema dataset

Auswil
14th October 2009, 03:46 PM
Of course I'm not looking for a "pirated copy" of anything. The maps on my C220 are dated 2007 and, as I said, Mio are no longer prepared to update them to 2008. What I was looking for was some way of updating my 2007 maps to 2008 in order to pay Mio some $150+ on NZ maps.

Greg - don't presume ******** - the mote might be in your eye.

Having read the thread I think I will abandon Mio.

Does anyone know about this e-bay product?
4.3 CAR GPS Bluetooth FM Rear view IGO8 4GB OZ
Still :swim

The Explorer
14th October 2009, 04:03 PM
Of course I'm not looking for a "pirated copy" of anything. The maps on my C220 are dated 2007 and, as I said, Mio are no longer prepared to update them to 2008. What I was looking for was some way of updating my 2007 maps to 2008 in order to pay Mio some $150+ on NZ maps.

Greg - don't presume ******** - the mote might be in your eye.

Having read the thread I think I will abandon Mio.

Does anyone know about this e-bay product?
4.3 CAR GPS Bluetooth FM Rear view IGO8 4GB OZ
Still :swim

Apologies - Wasnt presuming anything - just covering all options as your initial post was somewhat brief. If you had provided all the info then I could have been more specific. Either way I provided my input to be helpful, nothing more, nothing less.

What does "mote" mean?

Cheers
Greg

The Explorer
14th October 2009, 04:27 PM
snip "the mote might be in your eye"

Oh think I figured it out - something to do with being a hypocite?

You're on the wrong track - as mentioned just trying to be helpful. If in fact your were after pirated maps then I can assure you this is not the place to ask - was trying to save you time - wasnt preaching. Some people do come on here and ask near identical question to yours and they are looking of pirated maps. Personally couldnt care less if you were or weren't.

Cheers
Greg