to have moving maps
Do I need to load oz explore onto the Megallen or just onto the pc
Sorry if this has been asked before but it's all new to me
Norm

Nicko
30th October 2009, 01:45 PM
Can I run oz explore and use the Megallen explorist
to have moving maps

Yes you can but not the maps from your GPS, you would need to use VantagePoint from Magellan. To view any maps on OziExplorer on your laptop you would buy a DVD that has ozi compatible maps, such as the Hema DVD, Westprint DVD, Sunmap DVD, Rooftop DVD or Geoscience DVD

Do I need to load oz explore onto the Megallen or just onto the pc

You can't install Oziexplorer on a Magellan or any other brand, just a laptop or or a PDA.

Confussed
30th October 2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks Nicko
I have Hema Great desert maps I'm trying to get my head around everything before buying to much gear I don't need,or won't do the job.Hence the questions
Norm

Nicko
30th October 2009, 03:09 PM
Do be aware that there is a Great Desert Tracks specifically for the Magellan and then Hema have one specifically for laptops and PDAs. The notable way of knowing which is which is that if it mentions Magellan at all, then it is only for Magellan. Magellan (Next Destination) produced their version under license from Hema Maps and converted it so that it would work on their GPS.

Confussed
30th October 2009, 11:36 PM
Nicko
I will look into the Hema maps to see if they are magellen compatable.Have just ordered the shonky maps for Magellen from the online store.I'm interested to see what they involve
Norm.