PDA

View Full Version : Sporttrak Map Help - lost track

mudrat
8th May 2006, 07:15 AM
recently I've been having trouble with my Sporttrak map.

I always seem to loose the first half of a track, by that i mean it doesnt record the first hour or so of the days ride.

I alsway turn it on and let it adjust to the current location, 1/2 hour before we leave.

but never seem to get the first part of a a ride when downloaded to Oziexplorer.

anyone got any idea's

G

arthurking83
8th May 2006, 01:01 PM
Hi mudrat,

check the detail level of the "track history" feature.

Probably set to a set distance (eg. .01kms, .02kms.....etc)

Use an "auto setting" for the best track log resolution/distance.

This is assuming that the track log feature is the same or similar to the Meridian???

mudrat
9th May 2006, 09:09 AM
have check my setting and seem to be set that way already.

Like I said what is recorded is perfect, its just the first part is always missing ???

Jackaroo
9th May 2006, 09:19 AM
Hi Mudrat

I dont know how many points the SportTrak allows you to store on the GPSr, but it sounds like the track is filling up all available points and then overwriting the first part of the track as you keep going.

Try a short journey, say 10 mins or so, then check the track to see if the first part is missing.

Jackaroo :D

Tank47
9th May 2006, 11:45 AM
Hi Mudrat,
I had a similar problem with my Garmin 45XL with only 768 :( track points I had to download to my laptop every 200-300 k on the highway and only after 40 k if on twisting mountain tracks.
Cheers

mudrat
13th May 2006, 06:46 AM
rode with Gps again on thursday and thought Id see what happened if I save short sections of track.

well I got all the gps waypoints or maybe there track points ??? and my saved waypoints, but the first 15ks of track was still missing.

WTF :mad:

I guess I'll turn the thing on at home next ride and just delete the road trip !!

mitchofsutho
13th May 2006, 07:21 AM
As well as the the issues already raised by others, your problem may be an initialisation issue, in that the GPSr is having difficulty in initially logging satellites. Try a full, forced initialisation and see what happens. Just a thought, particularly as only the first 15 or so minutes of your trips are missing.

mudrat
13th May 2006, 09:31 AM
I thought of that, but if that is the case why does record waypoints and track points ??