PDA

View Full Version : Tevion GPS switch pronlems

Patcherooney
3rd February 2010, 06:32 PM
Hi, have had a 3501 for about 6 months haven't used it much, pulled it out yesterday to use, made little use of it & switched the power completely off when completed my journey. I switched the power back on this arvo, got some asian writing on the screen, turned the power off again & the screen has frozen on the initial page stating TEVION Portable GPS Navigation System. I've tried resetting to no avail, the buttons on top of the unit do nothing whilst in this state, I've just about had enough. Does anyone have any suggestions, please.

Thanks
Patcherooney :hot:

22rev
5th February 2010, 03:46 PM
I had a similar issue, chinese writing etc.... I bundled it up and set it back, they replaced it with an upgraded model. It took a couple of weeks to sort out. But all is working fine now.

Patcherooney
6th February 2010, 06:07 AM
Thanks 22rev,

The chinese writing is all about the buttons on top & altering the settings which now I have sorted out, however the new problem is when it's on & I tap the gps ikon & it will default to brouser.exe which is the media screen. I spoke to Tempo Aust (Aldi agent or importer?) as I don't have the receipt it will cost $60 for their service tech to sort it out. Tempo Aust suggested to install the software of the cd, which I have done on 2 occasions, still no joy. I haven't given as yet, but my patience is starting to wear thin & a sledge hammer is starting to look good & an express post envelope to Tempo Aust to dispose of their rubbish is looking even better.

Regards

Patcherooney