PDA

View Full Version : iRobot vacuum cleaner.

Treadly
13th February 2010, 05:55 AM
This is not GPS related but it appeals to the inner geek in me.
Because I'm a gadget freak I've accumulated so many toys that I now have a rule that says I can't buy any new toys unless I get rid of an old toy or it frees up time for myself. So when I saw saw the iRobot vacuum cleaner on one of those TV shopping channels I knew I had to get one. I did some researching on the internet and most people loved the device. So I was down in Bunbury yesterday and popped into Harvey Normans and ended up getting one for $500, they normally advertise for $600 and the ones on TV were selling for $540. I took it home and let it loose in the house and it was fantastic. It trundled around busily cleaning and then after a while it went back to its base where it stopped and recharged. The model I have is the Roomba 530, it feels solid and well made which isn't really what I was expecting. I emptied its dust tray three times and was surprised at how full it was, my rooms didn't seem THAT dirty. It did get stuck once but in general it was pretty good at getting out of tight corners. Overall I like it, it pretty much looks after itself and allows me to do more important things, like watch TV and surf the internet. I can't help thinking of other applications, maybe one for mowing the lawn? Hmm, I'll have to investigate.

Dooghan
13th February 2010, 06:15 AM
I can't help thinking of other applications, maybe one for mowing the lawn? Hmm, I'll have to investigate.I've got one and it works every well. It's called iSon. It cost me $20 every time he does it. But I get to sit back and relax with beer in hand and watch him do it.