PDA

View Full Version : Weird PM

Avtrician
22nd March 2010, 09:55 AM
Just received a wierd PM from a new member, anyone else got the same.

Its somewhat sus to me, (tho I am a suspicious old bastard at the best of times)

Contents below, names removed to protect the innocent ????, and link broken.

Hello. Email spam from your computer was detected! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: http://******x.com/ is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.Sincerely, C*********.

Just because Im paranoid, doesnt mean they aint out to get us...

Nicko
22nd March 2010, 10:09 AM
I have now banned that individual

this issue is mentioned in the "Site Matters" Forum

http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Avtrician
22nd March 2010, 10:49 AM
I remember that now

phillipsart
22nd March 2010, 11:07 AM
Sounds like someone trying to infect your computer with a virus, spyware or a money scam. I would delete the message and not click on any of the links and just ignore it. A lot of viruses are transferred this way.

A lot of these links if you click on are actually an executable. And these nasty people can load anything on your computer, Most times there viruses. If you happened to have clicked on the link, Scan your computer for any Spyware and Viruses. Use a good Antivirus. Those free ones are useless. Believe me, You have no idea how many customers I been to that are infected with viruses and there all using those free antivirus.

I see it everyday, I get paid to fix these sort of problems.

Avtrician
22nd March 2010, 11:11 AM
I'm too old and too much of a geek to fall for those traps, But if any one knows of a cool investment scheme or money that needs moving I may consider it.. :hysterica :hysterica :hysterica :hysterica

julianh
24th March 2010, 11:47 AM
I'm too old and too much of a geek to fall for those traps, But if any one knows of a cool investment scheme or money that needs moving I may consider it..
Hi! If you would just transfer $1,000 into my personal bank account, I will let you in on a very simple scheme to get complete strangers to pay you for doing absolutely nothing! :hysterica

phillipsart
24th March 2010, 01:32 PM
:hammer: Why didn't I think of that one. :lol2

Hi! If you would just transfer $1,000 into my personal bank account, I will let you in on a very simple scheme to get complete strangers to pay you for doing absolutely nothing! :hysterica