PDA

View Full Version : GPS Repairs

itechcentre
16th April 2010, 11:37 AM
Is your GPS software out of date? The street you are looking for is not in your GPS? Poor battery life? GPS not charging the battery? Faulty USB Socket? Corrupted SD Card? iTech Centre can help!
# GPS Repairs
# GPS Software Upgrades
# GPS Map Upgrades
# SD Card Recovery
# Battery Replacements

GPS navigators have become vital tools for both road warriors and casual drivers
to make their way across town or across the country. As such, itís of utmost
importance to keep maps & software up to date.

We repair and upgrade most of the GPS device brands like - TomTom,
Navman, Garmin...

www.iTechCentre.com.au (http://www.itechcentre.com.au)

Bug's
16th April 2010, 06:50 PM
Is your GPS software out of date? The street you are looking for is not in your GPS? Poor battery life? GPS not charging the battery? Faulty USB Socket? Corrupted SD Card? iTech Centre can help!
# GPS Repairs
# GPS Software Upgrades
# GPS Map Upgrades
# SD Card Recovery
# Battery Replacements

GPS navigators have become vital tools for both road warriors and casual drivers
to make their way across town or across the country. As such, itís of utmost
importance to keep maps & software up to date.

We repair and upgrade most of the GPS device brands like - TomTom,
Navman, Garmin...

www.iTechCentre.com.au (http://www.itechcentre.com.au)

No upgrades from supllier then how you going to upgrade? Map upgrades always way out of date. Cheaper to buy new model?

itechcentre
17th April 2010, 11:41 AM
No upgrades from supllier then how you going to upgrade? Map upgrades always way out of date. Cheaper to buy new model?

Hello,

Which brand/model GPS are you talking about?

Depending on the damage, sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new device...

krackatinni
24th April 2010, 03:38 PM
do you repair navlink gps

itechcentre
24th April 2010, 04:41 PM
do you repair navlink gps

Hi,

Yes. What is the issue with your Navlink? What model?

krackatinni
25th April 2010, 11:45 AM
My navlink model is JI703BN
I purchased the unit from Ebay about 18 months ago and that was a mistake I supose.
First of all the GPS part of the unit started to play up then it stopped working but everything else worked okay, so I reset the unit and that did no good the I tested the SD card and that was okay so I followed the advise of someones blog about the GPS. So I pulled the unit apart as per instructions and I removed the 2 flat leads and tested them to make sure there was no breaks in the wires and they tested okay, so I rebuilt the unit and now nothing works other than the lights on the bottom the the front panel. I have pulled the unit apart a number of times but I end up with the same results.
I also have TomTom GO910 that keeps comming up with an error message but the music on the HD still plays. Evert time I start the TT a big X comes on the screen and thats as far it will go. I have installed the latest updates and map about 6 months ago so that is not the problem. I have tried to reset the unit but that does not help. This unit was also bought on Ebay but I did install a lincenced maps on it.

I hope that will help you to help me

itechcentre
26th April 2010, 09:32 AM
Make sure you clean all the connectors in your Navlink.

In regards to the TomTom issue, do a format, reinstall your TomTom Home application, then load a new app on your TomTom... *make sure it's the latest version.

My navlink model is JI703BN
I purchased the unit from Ebay about 18 months ago and that was a mistake I supose.
First of all the GPS part of the unit started to play up then it stopped working but everything else worked okay, so I reset the unit and that did no good the I tested the SD card and that was okay so I followed the advise of someones blog about the GPS. So I pulled the unit apart as per instructions and I removed the 2 flat leads and tested them to make sure there was no breaks in the wires and they tested okay, so I rebuilt the unit and now nothing works other than the lights on the bottom the the front panel. I have pulled the unit apart a number of times but I end up with the same results.
I also have TomTom GO910 that keeps comming up with an error message but the music on the HD still plays. Evert time I start the TT a big X comes on the screen and thats as far it will go. I have installed the latest updates and map about 6 months ago so that is not the problem. I have tried to reset the unit but that does not help. This unit was also bought on Ebay but I did install a lincenced maps on it.

I hope that will help you to help me

www.gpsrepairs.com.au