PDA

View Full Version : Map update for uniden trax

scorp58
11th June 2010, 08:24 AM
Hi, I've got a uniden trax 430 I bought last year. Ive been calling uniden since January asking when they will release map updates only to be told, "hurry up and wait".
Now I receive an email saying:

Unfortunately There is no update mapping for this model.
We have an offer that if you send in y our unit with a $179.95 we will upgrade you to the latest gps units which will be the TRAX 4300.OR TRAX5000 + BTSC1500 .(you will be able to purchase international mapping via Naviextras, the link is on our website at www.uniden.com.au.)

What I want to know is can i get map updates from somewhere else that will be compatible with this unit. Or put a whole new system on there?

I have the updated 2009 maps on SD card which I got as a bonus when I bought the unit but these are now outdated.

In the maps section it says its using
2008 Nav N Go KFT
Australia R15dol1 @sensis (081027)
Basemap 2007.7
Data source@MIMA VMPAO (080117)

Cheers

fireant
22nd June 2010, 01:42 PM
Damn I am in the same boat.
I would like to update for the new perth speed cameras.

scorp58
22nd June 2010, 02:08 PM
I found a guy on ebay who's selling igo8 R17 maps on cd for $11.95 (info removed by Nicko)
Mine are on the way so I can't say if they'll work with the current software version or not...but figured for 12 bucks it cant hurt to try hey. ..free postage too!

Anyone know if I would need to, or if I'm able to update the firmware or something on the uniden trax430..let me know please.

I'll update this post when I get the cd and see if it works or not..fingers crossed.

scorp58
26th June 2010, 02:26 PM
Ok I got the cd with the updated R17 map files and i followed all the instructions carefully, copy and pasted to a formatted sd card etc.
Trax430 wont see the card.
I tried several cards, no go.
I even replaced the files on the original card but still wont see it.
I tried putting them directly onto the unit itself but it came up with your maps are out of date or something like that and then licence does not comply.
So it has to go onto an sd card im thinking but how can i get the unit to recognise the blasted card.
In the map section it used to say (plus the nz maps)

2008 Nav N Go KFT
Australia R15dot1 @sensis (081027)
Basemap 2007.7
Data source@MIMA VMPAO (080117

When i try it with the sd card with the files copied it just says
Basemap 2007.7
Data source@MIMA VMPAO (080117)

Please gps gurus :mighty enlighten me with your wisdom!!!

At the moment I've put the original card back as it was and got it back in the unit and all is working again but with the R15 maps.

Nicko
26th June 2010, 02:32 PM
Hi

You may not be aware, but posting details of an ebayer supplying illegal products is not allowed on this forum. I have removed the details of the Ebayer accordingly

scorp58
26th June 2010, 02:36 PM
Sorry I had no idea it was illegal or wrong in any way, I assumed it was all above board or they wouldnt be allowed to sell on ebay.

Michael
26th June 2010, 02:41 PM
I assumed it was all above board or they wouldnt be allowed to sell on ebay. :hysterica :hysterica :hysterica

qodax
17th November 2010, 04:46 AM
you would think that uniden would post updates free maps on thier site as a prt of customer service. maybe one day