PDA

View Full Version : Help to put Topo Aust V2 maps into MapSource

vanbrooky
19th June 2010, 01:09 PM
Can someone please help me - I am feeling completely stupid. :sick3

I have an oregon 450T.

I have loaded MapSource and its there and opens and I can load a track onto it but it has virtually no maps - just a couple of main roads. This is on my pc which is running Vista.

I have Topo Aust V2 and the unlock code and want to put these maps into MapSource but it keeps telling me that its not a valid mapsource file and can't be opened.

Nicko
19th June 2010, 02:33 PM
Hi

As I said on the phone you need BaseCamp

vanbrooky
19th June 2010, 03:09 PM
I have loaded Garmin Basecamp and it won't let me load Topo australia V2. :(

Nicko
19th June 2010, 03:47 PM
So you loaded basecamp first then the maps?

vanbrooky
19th June 2010, 03:58 PM
I have downloaded basecamp and it opens fine.

I even loaded a track from my Oregon 450 into basecamp and can see it.

I have tried loading Topo Aust V2 from the disc using import and it does not seem to be a recognised format.

Nicko
19th June 2010, 04:46 PM
You have to install Basecamp first then the maps. If you haven't then re-install the maps

vanbrooky
19th June 2010, 04:59 PM
Basecamp is installed and was installed first and the maps (Topo Australia V2) are on a disk and I can't install them.

Michael
19th June 2010, 05:11 PM
Is there an install file on the disc?

Smouch
19th June 2010, 05:28 PM
You install outside of basecamp. Double click on either setup.exe or TOPOAUS2.msi found on the disk.

TopoAust then becomes available in basecamp here...

vanbrooky
19th June 2010, 06:00 PM
There isn't an install file on the disc or an .exe file. the disc has topo_australia_v2.nrg

If I close everything else on the computer and double click on this file it downloads basecamp but still no maps.

When I try to import topo_australia_v2.nrg it doesn't recognise it.

If I try Tools, Manage Map Products, the screen popup is Map Product Manager and the Tab is Map Product Information and it shows "Global Map" version 2.00. If I click on Unlock Regions tab it lets me put in the Unlock Code. If I put this unlock code in incorrectly it won't accept it so the code is correct but it doesn't give me any maps.

Michael
19th June 2010, 06:14 PM
Where did you get it?
If is genuine return it to retailer.
But I have to ask, is it a pirate?

Smouch
19th June 2010, 06:49 PM
anything .nrg and there is only 1 file on the disk is a image copy of the whole original disk contents made by Nero burning rom or similar and therefore has to be non genuine.

Michael
19th June 2010, 07:01 PM
Throw it in the bin & do not ask again until you have bought a genuine Garmin CD.

vanbrooky
19th June 2010, 09:04 PM
I have not bought anything pirate.

The GPS Oregon 450T cost me $699.

It is all Genuine from a legit retailer. Something must be wrong with the disc and I will go back to the retailer to resolve - I thought I must have done something stupid but it is sounding like a backup disc or something.

Thanks for your advice and assitance.

mlenser
20th June 2010, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry to say that everything is NOT legit at all. No Legit retailer provides a nrg version (backup or not) of Garmins software and there is no way that it is a simple mistake - You have been sold pirate software!

Nicko
20th June 2010, 04:31 PM
who is the retailer

Michael
20th June 2010, 06:36 PM
I was wondering that also!

Nicko
16th July 2010, 01:35 PM
so, no reply?