PDA

View Full Version : MapSend Lite V2

Tank47
17th July 2006, 04:35 PM
Hot off the press, if no one else has seen this.

MapSend Lite V2, the new Magellan compatible GPS to PC viewing software is now available from www.nextdestination.com.au/news/#46 and itís FREE!

With MapSend Lite V2 you can view your Magellan certified preloaded SD card maps stored on the big screen of your PC!

arthurking83
17th July 2006, 05:56 PM
That's fantastic if you own an explorist! :confused-

Again.....Meridian owners get Sh@f73d.....the program is not compatible with .img files......only .imi maps :devil-smi

For some reason the program allows connection to Meridian/Sportrack, but won't recognise the maps?

In the GPS Contents-Map Manager tab, under the Detail Maps list, it recognises that DAST is present ......as it lists DAST, but also WWBM(??)

Where did WWBM come from?
And the maps it shows on screen are WWBM maps...very bad :mad:
(I'm assuming this must be where the Aussie basemap is derived from??)

So all I get to see is the basemap...woohoo :(

bluezooky
17th July 2006, 07:00 PM
Hi Arthur
The DAST listed appears to be your HDD installation if you have one,it's picked up my Mapsend as well but neither appear to be compatable with this version.I'm not sure how the background map works I hav'nt figured out how it downloads yet but downloaded my explorist SD card maps to the HDD.It appears to work Ok so far
Regards Charlie

arthurking83
17th July 2006, 07:02 PM
Hi Arthur
The DAST listed appears to be your HDD installation if you have one, it's picked up my Mapsend ....

Ahh!! of course :p

That's why it's picked up on WWBM *Doh!*

OK.... so how does it view the DAST topo data?

thanks.

bluezooky
17th July 2006, 07:25 PM
It seems the WWBM is built in,seems to find your HDD installation but not read it at this stage.
Regards Charlie

arthurking83
17th July 2006, 07:27 PM
One handy updated feature!

...when you download a track from the GPS, it's downloaded with local time! :D

No more having to edit the time, and getting the local time confused when DST changes, etc...

Track files are now saved as .log (not .trk, as DAST does) and also as .gpx..... handy if you like using gpx files!

arthurking83
18th July 2006, 04:57 PM
I contacted NextDest,
Eddy over there replied that they are working on a solution for the img map types...hopefully in a week (we all know what that means! :p)

I'm having trouble with getting the detail maps from my DAST v1 install to show on MS Lite too!

The Explorer
18th July 2006, 06:15 PM
I'm having trouble with getting the detail maps from my DAST v1 install to show on MS Lite too!

All works fine (with respect to other installed mapsend products) for me. ie DAST, great desert tracks and old mapsend WA. Can also use the eXplorist US, Aus or Eurpoean basemap as a background. Like you I can not view .img files....not an issue in my case - if you have DAST/older Mapsend product installed the img map is just be a cut from here anyway. Issue if you have an SD card with maps but no DAST etc. Preloaded cards were avialable so obviously a few around.

Anyway - it will have its uses

Cheers
Greg