PDA

View Full Version : why I think namejuice.com are unethical

Nicko
29th July 2010, 11:15 AM
https://namejuice.com/

I have received 3 emails to transfer the registrant for a domain name we have with netfirms.com. namejuice is a Brandon Gray Internet ICANN approved registrar and the email below shows these people are dirty.

Hello ******,

The transfer and renewal of your domain name, ***xx.com is not yet complete at this time.

Reason:
-------
1) The Domain name is currently in a "REGISTRAR-LOCK" status with your current registrar NETFIRMS, INC.
2) We require that you provide us with an EPP Key/Authorization Code from your current registrar

In order to complete the transfer and renewal, the "REGISTRAR-LOCK" status needs to be removed and an EPP Key/Authorization code needs to be obtained. Please see below for instructions on achieving this.

Solution:
---------
- Log into your account with your current registrar, and change the status of your domain, tidalart.com, from "locked" to "active".

- Then look for the EPP Key or Authorization Code.

Alternate Solution:
---------
- Call your current registrar, NETFIRMS, INC. (see phone number below) and ask them to remove the lock status of your domain name, give you your EPP Key, and allow the transfer to Domain Registry of America.

- Once done please notify us that you have done so, by clicking on the link below, or calling our toll-free number below.
https://namejuice.com/agree.asp?e=1&o=1776715&p=3380986

We will then re-attempt the transfer and renewal of your domain name.

As a convenience, we have supplied your current registrars phone number below.

Domain: ***XX.com
Current Registrar: NETFIRMS, INC.
Registrar Phone Number: Please visit their site to contact them

Transfer Department
Domain Registry of America
Toll free 1-866-434-0212 or for International Callers, dial +1(905)479-2533

darylr
29th July 2010, 02:33 PM
Definitely a borderline case of nearly being a scam. Busy people would be tempted to supply the info to clear up any confusion and namejuice ends up with another webpage on their account and then probably turn around and try and extract your hard earned dollars from you.

It is on a par with the bogus invoices for advertising and the meesages supposedly from your bank asking for your bank details so that they can correct errors in your account.

These are the people that you don't mind sending viruses too.

:soapbox

I will step down now.

regards

Darylr

Avtrician
29th July 2010, 07:37 PM
Thats gotta be a bogus setup. If there is any truth in it , I would be finding out the number of Netfirms from directory assistance. The odds are that the supplied number is setup just to confirn the con..

No doubt Nicko wouldnt be sucked into this..

gammapisigma
30th July 2010, 07:03 AM
That's a tricky one. Very professional and easy for someone without much knowledge to get tricked. Much better done than the dodgy Chinese ones.

Thanks for sharing Nicko.

Cheers,
Michael.

Nicko
30th July 2010, 01:21 PM
Their reponse:

Hello,

In order to cancel the transfer, please resend this e-mail from the
e-mail address to which the request was sent, ***xx@gmail.com

When the e-mail has been received and verified, the transfer of this
domain will be stopped.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact
us using the information below.

Alex
Brandon Gray Internet Services, Inc. DBA Namejuice
Tel: +1.905.415.2681
Fax: +1.905.415.2682

and my response:

There was no request to transfer in the first place, noob, wake up! It is a sign your company is a failure and hopefully it will be permanent!

Avtrician
30th July 2010, 04:00 PM
Its a good thing you Held back Nicko, wouldnt want to let em know wot you realy thunk.. :hysterica :hysterica