PDA

View Full Version : Tomtom Pda Map Problem

hangover
20th July 2006, 08:44 PM
I have loaded Tom Tom 5 onto my Ipaq but cant get it to find the maps on my sd card ? It loads ok and asks me to select language, rh/lh, time, voice but then says no maps found ? i have them loaded on my sd card as australia-maps.

Craigus
21st July 2006, 01:45 PM
You need to make sure your maps are in the folder 'Australia-Map' in the root of your SD card or Tomtom wont find them.

Also you might get stuck on the voices. You need to have them in a folder called 'voices' in the root of your PDA (My Device)

Cheers.

hangover
21st July 2006, 04:07 PM
so what is the root folder of the sd card ? there are no files on it except the maps.

Craigus
21st July 2006, 04:29 PM
Put the maps in a folder straight on your SD Card and make sure it's called Australia-Map :food

hangover
23rd July 2006, 05:42 PM
I have it working now but TT wont recognise my bt gps, it works with ozi ce and visual gps no problems ? :violent-s Tom Tom.

arthurking83
23rd July 2006, 07:33 PM
.... TT wont recognise my bt gps, it works with ozi ce and visual gps no problems ? :violent-s Tom Tom.

How did you set up TT and GPS?

:confused-

Craigus
23rd July 2006, 08:28 PM
What GPSr do you have?

Open Tomtom then nav to the 'Change preferences' menu, then 'Show GPS status' you can select your GPSr under 'configure'. Simply select what one most suits you. Other NMEA GPS in my case as I use a CF style GPSr. You can then set the baud rate and com port your GPSr uses. After that I found I needed to restart Tomtom to get sat lock.

Hope this helps. :confused-

hangover
24th July 2006, 07:36 PM
I can pair the bt gps and ipaq no probs and when using ozi or visgps it pairs when i turn on the gps function, in tom tom i have tried the three connection choices it gives me for bt gps - bt uart on com 5, and 2 x bt serial ports and none will recognise the gps even if i pair it first ?

hangover
24th July 2006, 07:49 PM
woo hooo, its working now ! for some strange reason TT only recognises my gps as other cable gps instead of a bluetooth gps.

Craigus
25th July 2006, 01:42 PM
ahh Good news! :party-smi

hangover
25th July 2006, 06:31 PM
I was guided to work today by the smooth sounds of ozzie osbourne ! turn left and take the f...ing motorway says ozzi !

arthurking83
25th July 2006, 09:06 PM
I had Jean Luc Picard telling me..

"You have strayed into the beta quadrant, turn right at the next roundabout, do a U turn, and take the fifth exit!" :confused-

and

"You have arrived at your destination...initiate docking procedure" :laughing-

:D

the evil twin
26th July 2006, 06:40 PM
Loaded TomTom Mobile 5 on an ASUS 636 last night no probs at all...much to my pudgy fingered delight :food-smil

Need to attack my Nokia N70 next..

Now...decisions, decisions, Ossie or Picard, Ossie or Picard :laughing-

I blv there is also a tourettes voice available which may provide a bit of entertainment as well (Note to self...Remember to turn off TomTom when Granny is in the Car!!!).

P.S. I now have OziCe, TomTom and a bunch of aerial photos plus buckets of topos jammed on my 1 Gig SD card that I thought was way big when I bought it :confused- ...
now a 4 Gig is looking more appropriate. :action-sm

arthurking83
26th July 2006, 08:50 PM

Now...decisions, decisions, Ossie or Picard, Ossie or Picard :laughing- .....

You could always try Clint Eastwood!.... PUNK!

Craigus
27th July 2006, 04:54 PM
Yoda is my pick of them all. :party-smi

hangover
1st August 2006, 08:02 PM
All seems to be working ok now except on a few occasions when i start TomTom it takes a few goes to get it to connect to my gps ? i tried loading gps gate and it didnt do squat. When i select the type of gps(other cable nmea gps) and the bluetooth manager opens for me to select the gps, i tap it and it hangs for a while untill i tap the screen and then it may or may not connect ?

Craigus
1st August 2006, 08:49 PM
Not sure mate sorry I'm using a CF GPSr.

arthurking83
1st August 2006, 09:13 PM
Did TT start causing trouble after you installed GPSGate?

I just finished telling Craig I had some troubles with TT and GPSGate.

It worked without drama when using it on its own, but would seize up with GPSGate.
Ozi continued to work, may have had some trouble, but that would have been cause by TT using 100% CPU on the PDA.
Shutting off TT would have Ozi working OK again via GPSGate.

As I dont have access to TT anymore I cant really help too much :(

hangover
2nd August 2006, 11:05 AM
No started before hand, ozi and visual gps connect straight away but tomtom takes maybe 3-5 attemps before it will connect. Gps gate hasnt made any difference at all - i was hoping it would fix it.

Alter Ego
19th October 2007, 11:25 AM
Make sure you switch on your gps unit first, mine works fine under other bluetooth, took a few goes but now comes up straight away.

no problems useing other gps map software like beeline ozice and a few others

Too many voices to choose a favorite one (80 + zipped)

Metro is a great programme for trains / bus routes/times