PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth connection to PDA/Ozi CE

2003GU
27th August 2006, 01:07 AM
Hi Guys,

I am having problems getting my I Mate(Ozi CE) to connect to my Nokia bluetooth receiver. I have run the patch from the Ozi website and am having no joy.

Any suggestions? I have tried connecting to all different ports, but nothing....

Thanks,
Patrick

Mr Router
27th August 2006, 02:27 PM
Hi Guys,

I am having problems getting my I Mate(Ozi CE) to connect to my Nokia bluetooth receiver. I have run the patch from the Ozi website and am having no joy.

Any suggestions? I have tried connecting to all different ports, but nothing....

Thanks,
Patrick

Have you tried opening the pda wireless, then searching for a new divice(GPS) once found you have to do a one off pairing!0000's works for the code.
From here all you have to do is open wireless then tap the shortcut & it should look then lock to the gps.
Then open Ozi onto a map then hit the gps button & all should be good!Hope this works for you & does not ruffle anyone else's feathers.Let us know how you get on! :food-smil

arthurking83
27th August 2006, 04:43 PM
....Hope this works for you & does not ruffle anyone else's feathers.....

As long as the replies are kept civil and non-judgemental...all will be well! ;)

I have used a comport splitter program, that can be useful to identify which ports are currently operating on the PDA

Port Splitter (http://gpsmeter.mobileground.com/)

You can use it to operate two programs at once using the one GPS, or in your case find which port, and the settings to which you need to adjust.

You will need the GPS to be on and the bt connection active.
Then, in the Input Port settings box you should see alist of ports that the GPS could be using, choose the one that looks most approriate. i.e. something that says bluetooth serial...(something or other) usually a high Com number??

The baud rate will usually be at around 4800, but the GPS documentation will reveal all that info!

2003GU
27th August 2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks Guys, I'll give it a shot....

Patrick

hangover
28th August 2006, 09:28 PM
AK, does port splitter work like gps gate but without the $$ factor ?

arthurking83
28th August 2006, 09:45 PM
yep! exactly! :D

I had run it for a few days..and found the same problems as I did with GPSGate!

I had trouble running TT Navigator and OziCE together..no probs with OziCE and VisualGPSce.

Obviously something TTN didn't like???

hangover
29th August 2006, 11:43 AM
I installed it this morning and used it with TT on the way to work this morning, i found it quicker to connect than gps gate - maybe because it isnt waiting for a searial code !