PDA

View Full Version : Uniden IGO 50 + Ozi

GUte
27th January 2011, 07:51 AM
Hi fella's.

I'm wanting to unlock this unit so I can run OziExplorer.

I've looked at Miopocket Mini and GPS Unlock and tried their procedures running from the SD card without any luck.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?topic_id=137719

http://gpsunlock.net/how-to/

It's obviously possible with a company in WA selling these units running Ozi. Maybe running off the flash? Looking into the files off the computer, I can't find the required file to rename etc.

Is the IGO 50 based off some other manufacturers unit that may have some info on?

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.
Al.

Wahroonga Farm
27th January 2011, 08:49 AM
With out thinking too hard, this is a simple brute force solution, if the proggie is on the SD card.

What is on the SD card?

Is there an IGO.exe or similar app.

Create a new SD card with Oziexplorerce.exe renamed to IGO.exe or whatever the IGO8 app is called.

To change proggies, restart the Uniden with the new SD card. Crude but possibly effective. At least it'll show it working.

GUte
27th January 2011, 09:47 AM
The only thing that I have had on the SD is either Miopocket or GPS unlock to try and run Ozi otherwise it's empty for picture viewing only etc which is all the SD is used for in these units.

Here's a quote from the GPS unlock forum for the Trax, but mine being the later unit (in the files it calls it a Trax 5420) but may still apply.

"You will probably not have the option to "Choose Navigation Exe" path on the Uniden. What you need to do is find the name of the exe file that the Uniden normally runs on the SD card by default...

From memory, it is called "mobile navigator.exe" ???? I could be wrong, but it is something like that...

What you need to do is "trick" the Uniden into running GPS_Menu_Pez instead of the navigation software on the SD card.

To do this, you will have to rename the main folder of GPS_Menu to the folder name of whatever your Unidens GPS software is installed in ("Mobile Navigator" for example). Then you will need to rename Menu.exe to whatever the navigation .exe was (such as Navigator.exe for example.)

As long as you make the filenames the same, the Uniden will run it!!!! - thats is the answer to your problem!"

It's not Mobilenavigater that I can see but there is an application named "Primo"

I think what he means is "What you need to do is "trick" the Uniden into running GPS_Menu_Pez (in the SD card) instead of the navigation software on the FLASH card.

Can't seem to find the file that runs the SD card by default!

PS Btw, I've renamed the "Main menu" folder "Primo" at this stage but need to get the unit to read of the SD?

Wahroonga Farm
27th January 2011, 04:03 PM
Ah! It runs Nav n Go's Primo.

Is there not a .txt file somewhere that points to the Primo app?

It won't be called ***.txt, but should decipher with a text reader.

In times past it was a 'shell.ini' file.

Then again, this may be more securely locked up, by hard coding?

GUte
27th January 2011, 09:08 PM
Ah! It runs Nav n Go's Primo.

Is there not a .txt file somewhere that points to the Primo app?

It won't be called ***.txt, but should decipher with a text reader.

In times past it was a 'shell.ini' file.

Then again, this may be more securely locked up, by hard coding?

Yes sorry, Nav N Go Primo. Back in the files there is mention of IGO9.

Sorry having troubles with this here.
"Decipher with a text reader"?

Yes there is "ini" files but not sure which one.

Having done a chinese unit a few years ago with a little assistance it was relatively straight forward compared to this.
When I look in the IGO50 on the computer and try and open "Primo" I get a message "not a valid Win32 application" so it can't be opened.

This what comes up when I open the unit.

CONTENT (file)
LICENSE (file)
save (file)
TTS_LOQ (file)
BRANDING (zip)
DATA (zip)
GPSTMC.DLL app ext
logenglish6-9.dll app ext
LOQMSX.DLL app ext
loqTTS6.dll app ext
loqTTS6_util.dll app ext
Primo application
SYS text document

Now in the "DATA" zip,
-config
-devices
-Trax5420.ini

[debug]
mute_os_key=1

[device]
sdcard_dsk_num=2

[gps]
port=7
baud=38400
set_messages=0
sent_init_type=0

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1

[power]
backlight_events= 1,2
backlight_manage_values = 1
backlight_manage_keys = 1
backlight_min = 1
backlight_max = 10
backlight_reverse = 0
backlight_methods = 61

[rawdisplay]
;highres=0
screen_x=480
screen_y=272

Not sure if this makes any sense, lol, but thanks for your time.

Al.

Wahroonga Farm
29th January 2011, 06:11 AM
What is in the 'systext document' file

GUte
29th January 2011, 09:58 AM
What is in the 'systext document' file

"SYS" being a text document.

[device]
type="Trax5420"

[project]
name="UnidenPrimo"

cuboid
9th April 2011, 09:10 PM
Al, were you able to eventually unlock the device?

henry910
15th July 2011, 04:53 PM
I also have a Uniden iGO50 and would like to know if it can be unlocked or does it ned to be? if I download the latest Igo primo v1.2 and maps etc onto an SD card will the GPS read the SD 1st rather than the base program?