PDA

View Full Version : navman MY55T

alanmaid
10th April 2011, 03:42 PM
Hi there, I'm a new member here.
I hope someone can help me with a *****y,,I own a NAVMAN MY55T and am planning a european holiday in a few months.

My problem is,,I want to purchase the European maps but Navman Australia shop will cost over $129 whereas Navman UK are advertising these maps for around $60,but they don't appear to have the MY Series.
Can anyone inform me if there is a comparable model in the UK to my machine?

hscott21c
12th April 2011, 04:16 PM
I am a newbie too. Looking forward to getting a bit of help about this subject too.

Spoke to Navman this afternoon and you can actually hire Europe maps for $34/month.

The most important part that I learnt is that if you instal a new 2Gb micro SD card you can still leave you Aussie maps in place.

Still learning though.

alanmaid
13th April 2011, 06:10 AM
Thanks for your reply hscott, I was aware of the hire scheme but my prob is that I will be overseas for almost 9 weeks and am not sure if you can extend the hire for a second month,

It would be a better solution to purchase the European maps from the UK but I'm not sure if their software can be installed on my gps.

Its all confusing..lol
:sick3

benramsay2011
21st May 2011, 08:46 AM
I have found somewhat a confusing issue, I recently purchased a MY55T to replace my Navman S45 and I have noticed that there is a latest map guarantee.

I have found that, as far as I can determine by comparing the MY55T to the S45, the maps are not acurate. For starters the S45 has 2008 maps and I am assuming that the MY55T has 2009 maps. Now there are 3 roads that are not correctly displayed on the MY55T but the S45 is correct.

Now as far as I know a guarantee means exactly that, the maps are all up to date. So I am at a loss to figure out how the S45 with 2008 maps can be more up to date than the MY55T with 2009 maps.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with their navman, and have they had it resolved.

Nicko
21st May 2011, 10:37 AM
Not sure, what are the map suppliers? Sensis or Navteq?

Michael
21st May 2011, 10:55 AM
Presumably it is possible that Navman have put Sensis maps on one model & Navteq maps on the other?

benramsay2011
21st May 2011, 02:20 PM
Even if one has sensis maps and the other has NATEQ maps I find it a bit hard to understand that the maps are up to date.

I have lived in Clermont for 10 years + and on a road that is listed on the MY55T as a through road, this has never been the case since I have lived here.

That a side I would be very cautious about guarantees from Navman in the future.

Maybe in the future Navman should beta test their maps before they are released to ensure they are actually up to date.