PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate Microsoft

Nicko
10th June 2011, 06:06 PM
I have 6 machines with XP and one machine with Windows 7. In light of knowledge based on reviews I deliberately avoided Vista and ME (Millenium Edition) and decided to buy WIn7 thinking that historically MS get it right on alternate O/S.

I got it right with Windows 3.1 and XP but how wrong I got it with Win7.

My system did an automatic Service Pack 1 update yesterday and since the computer has had problems with my Ttesport and Microsoft mouse. I mean this is not the first time I have had issues, it's one of many, but this one makes me want to :hitpc:boxing::ouzi:sick4 microsoft so bad I almost threw my mouse at the screen. But I thougt better of it as I have thrown out 3 keyboards and 2 mice after having tested their strength against a wall or table over the past 5 years.

I don't care what the bleeding hearts think or say, Microsoft needs to be put against the wall and flogged until they admit to their atrocities, that they deliberately release new versions to **** people off knowing full well it is practically impossible to find an O/S with the same product range.

They should be banned fom making any more O/S until they fix Windows 7 and even then should have it for the next 5 years and no other new versions.

Microsoft you make me:sick5

photohiker
10th June 2011, 08:51 PM
Heh.

I feel your pain.

I was setting up for a audio/visual presentation the other day. Needed 1920x1080 video and sound working on a Win7 box. Presentation was in a small theatre with HD Projector.

So I drag the box across to the only 1080 monitor in the house and set it all up, make sure things are honky dory with the video and sound. Excellent.

Take it to the venue, I have 10 minutes to get ready. No problems, its all setup and ready to go. Not!

Video had reverted to some cheezy resolution, and we have no sound! It was a battle but the video was straightforward, the sound was the problem - in the end it appeared that as soon as we attached the HDMI cable, windows routed the sound to HDMI even though I had specifically selected the freaking stereo outputs! Nothing would work until I disabled HDMI sound.

Too clever by half. It needs a setting that says I don't care what windows thinks, this is what will happen!

Don't get me started on the USB baloney. How come you can plug a USB stick into any computer and it just works unless the computer is running windows and then you have to wait for the driver loading and windows finding new hardware rubbish?

Get a Mac. These guys are well past their use by date. :)

Michael

aikimic
24th March 2012, 12:52 PM
Yep felt like this about microsoft for ages.
Apple has become the same.
Looking for some thing new and better.

Nicko
24th March 2012, 01:43 PM
Don't get me started on apple and it's iTunes, a flagrant act of greed and control. They demand 30% of the products retail price just so they can control what products you can put on your Apple products and do nothing except have it on their server. This is why I am so pro Android. The fact that Apple has tried to stop Woolworths (http://www.theage.com.au/business/apple-bites-over-woolworths-logo-20091005-ghzr.html) from using it's new logo because it is shaped like a peeled apple shows the depths Apple will go to limit anything that remotely or unremotely relates to Apple.. The fact that patents can be put on every day words is beyond rediculous. As some companies say, they can be paying royalties to hundreds of patents many of them completely outlandish. Trade marking an Apple? Get real!

Many people have a go at Google but I can tell you, if it wasn't for google we would still be 20 years behind using Microsoft products, no google earth or google maps which are free, excellent search engine, Android which is not forcing you through their chanell for apps and many manufacturer options to make it a freer market which means not threatening you to make your product no longer under warranty (jailbreak (http://ipod.about.com/od/iphoneapps/f/iphone-apps-without-itunes.htm)) I can appreciate the argument of approving quality apps etc but asking 30% is not the purpose of itunes, it's all about $90 billion dollars

shonkylogic
25th March 2012, 07:27 PM
+1
You're preaching to the choir Nicko...

photohiker
27th March 2012, 10:12 AM
Don't get me started on apple and it's iTunes, a flagrant act of greed and control.

Of course, it's computer company. What did you expect? :D

The difference is, with Microsoft, you start at post 1 and then go to post 4. With Apple, you start at Post 4. ;)

And if you're smart, you would have bought Apple stock for $10 a few years ago and be happlily dumping a bit of it for $600 today. Like you, I'm stupid too, so don't feel too bad. :violin:

Nicko
27th March 2012, 10:47 AM
Back when it was only $10 it was only $10 because Apple was on the decline and probably on the verge of shutting shop. For a sure bet a Commonwealth Bank share would have been a definite option. Telstra?!! noooooo way! Technology shares have too many bubbles

Maybe you can invest in my company ;)

photohiker
27th March 2012, 12:14 PM
Maybe you can invest in my company ;)

Why, are your shares on the decline too?

:oops

Nicko
27th March 2012, 12:19 PM
haven't sold any shares, so couldn't get any lower :hatoff

m3rcator
2nd April 2012, 04:13 PM
I agree with you guys too!
I have an ipod touch which I loved using for about two years (the touch is now mostly just used for music in the car) but now I have an Android phone and Asus Transformer tablet. It's nice to use a reliable non M$ system with touchscreen and keyboard dock to boot, oh and mouse/usb too!
RE: Windows updates, I never let Win just update automatically and I haven't yet installed the Win 7 service pack because, I have'nt bothered to Google how many systems it has screwed up so far. Google aren't all that they claim to be either "Don't be evil!" but at least you can live with what they do!
PS. I read they are beginning to follow the Apple app store model with the Market to get more $$$ out of it. Let's hope they don't go to far with that!
My three bobs worth! :wave

I think I now hate Apple even more than Microsoft!