PDA

View Full Version : Hiinfo N5

geoffsa
17th August 2011, 08:34 AM
Has anyone heard of a car pc called Hiinfo N5.

Made in china and powered by Windows XP.

I purchased one from a company called 'Car PC Australia', and having had it for 18 months now it has developed a small problem, one which I may have created.

I have tried to contact the supplier, and as usual they seem to be lost in cyberspace. No phone number exists anymore, and my emails to them bounce back.

It is a good unit when it is working, but I changed a setting on the Windows screen through a drop down menu to 'monitor', and now I can only see the screen with 'Hiinfo, system info loading'. This does not go anywhere, it stays like that until switching off again.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these units please?, or of the supplier mentioned above. Dealer was Wayne Eager.

cheers,

Geoff.

Detectist
17th August 2011, 07:24 PM
Hi Geoff
You can probably tell that no one has this system by the number of responses you have had - there are lots of products from China. As it is a windows based program you may be able to open various files through a text editor (like Notepad) and change the appropriate setting. Have you looked at the files (if you can) through windows file explorer? Were you able to and did you keep a copy of all the files when you bought it? You may be able to restore either by copying a particular file back or is there a restore to default setting? As you can see from the varied responses I've made you have not given a lot of info for us to work with. Tell us more.

Nicko
17th August 2011, 07:50 PM
Advice, don't reformat unless thy supplied you a genuine copy of Windows and sticker!

geoffsa
30th August 2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys, and sorry for the late reply but I've been away for several days.

Unfortunately the pc only starts loading Windows, then goes straight to a screen displaying - Hiinfo, system is loading.

I have tried F10 while booting up, but cannot do anything.

Would it be an idea to try and hook up a monitor and see if it gives me any where to reset things?

A hammer will be my next way of addressing it, lol.

Nicko
30th August 2011, 12:39 PM
sounds like you will need to re-install windows

geoffsa
2nd September 2011, 12:00 PM
Well, she's all fixed.

I hooked a USB keyboard to the pc and kept pressing F8 while booting.
I then selected 'safe mode' and did a restore.

All good now, thanks for your efforts.

cheers,
Geoff.