PDA

View Full Version : Help with MOBAC issue please

Brooloo
12th November 2011, 05:27 AM
Hi
As a new user of an Android tablet I have loaded Oziexplorer for Android and uploaded aviation maps. I would like to create maps from Google Earth in tiles for upload for alternative use in aviaiton.
Using MOBAC recent download it all looks good until I zoom in Google Earth to the location specified.
Entering local Qld.coordinates to create the map finds a patch of ocean somewhere near Iwojima.
Is this a ploy by GE to prevent copies?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Broolool

:mighty

mihermano
12th November 2011, 06:16 AM
Hi Brooloo. It looks like a northern hemisphere latitude has been entered into MobAC.
Latitudes south of the equator need a S or - (minus sign) before the numbers.
EG: S27 degrees, or -27 degrees, is the (south) Latitude for Brisbane.

It's good to know that MobAC can be used on a honeycomb OS.
You may find some more related info. in the MobAC forum section. Cheers.

:)

Brooloo
12th November 2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks Mihermano. i just tried your suggestion but it took me to the same place. The i noticed elevation was 5900 m below sea level. It looks as if the oper of MOBAC has been disabled:cooldevil:cooldevilI would be glad to hear from anyone else who has tried MOBAC to confirm
regards
Peter

mihermano
12th November 2011, 01:59 PM
No problems.
For comparison, MobAC with a GE source works fine here to create various maps, using a Asus EeePC and WinXP sp3.

The creator/developer of MobAC was forced by commercial entities to severely restrict his program because of (in a nutshell) too many downloads by too many users. Have a read in the MobAC section for more info. http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189

Cheers. :hatoff

Brooloo
12th November 2011, 03:04 PM
Sure I read about the stop to downloads. But have you tried to create a GE map very lately.
I don't see this as a Android problem but I am a beginner.
Cheers
Peter

mihermano
12th November 2011, 03:26 PM
Hi. Yes, a few days ago I made a MobAC map of a small area north of Brisbane with source Google Earth.

Quote some coords and I'll see what it comes up with.

Michael
12th November 2011, 08:01 PM
Why do you need to enter any coords?
Just pan & zoom to the general area you want select the zoom level for the finished map, highlight the area you want & make the map.
For more detailed instructions see my very detailed tutorial on the topic
http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18617

mihermano
12th November 2011, 08:38 PM
Yes, and it's easier that way IMO or you could select grid squares, however the OP asks about the coordinates meathod which is, or should be, precise. The MobAC tutorial is a good read. ;)