PDA

View Full Version : Packard Bell Compasseo 620

z9999
22nd January 2012, 11:39 PM
Living in Thailand and a friend from Sweden brought his GPS with him, but all the installed maps are European countries. We have tried taking the device to a number of stores who sell GPS units to have a That road map installed, but none have been able to help. Might someone here know if there is a Thai road map available for this unit?

Avtrician
23rd January 2012, 09:36 AM
No idea for that one, but the Garmin Nuvi range has Thailand available. ( I know this as I have it loaded on mine). It may be easier and more ecconomical just to buy a Garmin there.

z9999
24th January 2012, 04:15 PM
No idea for that one, but the Garmin Nuvi range has Thailand available. ( I know this as I have it loaded on mine). It may be easier and more ecconomical just to buy a Garmin there.

He isn't looking to purchase another GPS, just trying to find a way to use the one he has for a temporary stay here in Thailand. The maps for his device are on a memory card and it is labeled "Packard Bell - Destinator NavigAtes - RiDATA - 2GB" and we are assuming that since it uses a memory card other maps could be installed, but have not found a source for them.

Avtrician
24th January 2012, 06:32 PM
Destinator is the brand (maker ) of the map set for the Pacard, they dont make one it seems for asia and no longer make maps for Aust either. They werent able to keep market share so moved away.

I suggested a Garmin preloaded with Thailand as an alternative, because of the time and effort it will take to find a map and how to load it to a Packard. I havent heard of it in Aust, so the chance of some one here being familiar with it are very slim.

z9999
24th January 2012, 06:47 PM
My friend is not interested in purchasing another GPS for the time it would be used here, and just thought that he could make use of the one he brought with him which provides for his needs when he returns home to Sweden. We'll check out the link you provided, and if nothing else paper maps will have to suffice. Thanks for your response.