PDA

View Full Version : Uniden IGO50

9traveller9
18th February 2013, 11:37 AM
Has anyone had any success with using the Naviaextras Toolbox and this unit?
I gather from elsewhere, people are not happy with this and I was wondering if there is an update on how to use it or if there are any tricks.
I have never come across a piece of software that is so unreliable and unpredictable and frustrating.
I have this unit and am trying to connect to a Windows 7 64bit PC.
When I bought the unit about a year ago, I was obviously able to connect to the toolbox and get a map update but I remember it was not straight forward and took a lot of trial and error - mostly the latter.
Now I am trying to get some additional maps and want to backup what I already have to either my pc or and sd card. What a joke.
I ran the toolbox and then connected the gps - W7 said loading the device driver failed. How to fix this???
I tried all sorts of combinations and at one stage, the device driver loaded ok so I thought I was in luck. But the toolbox showed no device was connected and I could not log in.
Stupidly, I closed the toolbox and tried to restart it. It would not restart until I found toolbox.exe in Windows Task Manager Processes and killed that process. How stupid is this.
However, then restarting toolbox, it still did not recognise my gps.
I really would like to be able to backup etc but it does not seem possible using this frustratingly bad software.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a workable driver for this gps and if there is any other way of accessing the files on the gps without using the toolbox?
Thanks in advance if someone has some good ideas.