PDA

View Full Version : Question About Setting Up Destination Waypoints for Magellan

Fromthenorth
14th August 2013, 08:44 PM
Hi,

I have just bought a Magellan Explorist 510. I new to gps devices and have some questions.

If I am going on a walk how do I set a destination way point that I want to get to ?

I was wondering if you could use google maps or google earth to find the destination's co-ordinates in longtitude and latitude.

What is the format of coordinates on this gps device ?.

Can you create a series of way points using google maps and make a suitable file that you could import into the gps device ?

Thanks

Gary
Sydney

felix
15th August 2013, 08:56 AM
Best to download a free copy of Vantagepoint from here http://www.magellangps.com.au/ then do it all on the pc then export to the 510

Also grab a copy of the Cadman maps for Magellan from Nicko on this site, only handling costs involved

felix
15th August 2013, 01:39 PM
the Cadman maps cover all of Australia.
they are openstreetmaps converted by Cadman for the explorist series, they include lots of trails and tracks that you won't find on the worldmap
you mention Europe, if you're planning a trip there then the supplied world map may be ok. no luck here but look in osm for them
if you want the Cadman maps Nicko will send you a cd of them for minimal handling costs and you drop them onto the sd card (which you will have to supply) in the 510