PDA

View Full Version : Navman MY 80T

Tuffgu
11th September 2013, 09:04 PM
Hi all I have a Navman MY80T and just wanted to know if you can get contour, shonky, tracks4australia, topo, hema or any other offroad maps that will work on this unit Cheers Richard

Nicko
11th September 2013, 11:55 PM
Hi

No, not possible.

Tuffgu
12th September 2013, 05:57 PM
What would be a good offroad gps that I can still use on my dirtbike Cheers

Nicko
12th September 2013, 06:10 PM
tricky question because you haven't specified, screen size, but I shall aim for what I know and also hat I sell ;)

Known motorbike GPS are the Strike, Garmin Zumo and TwoNav Delta who have some form of offroad map capability.

Strike is the cheapest and for good reason, you need a hood to cover the top of the screen in the hope to see what the screen shows. It uses the Navteq maps with the same data that Garmin Topo and TwoNav Topo use. However, with Strike you cannot add your own maps such as the Hema/Westprint or state maps, nor stuff like OpenStreetMap and others.

Garmin Zumo does not come with Garmin Topo, so add another $239 with no map update discounting as updates are ame price as new.

TwoNav Delta does come with on-road and off-road maps, see octapc.co.au for maps listed but it is more comprehensive than the other two.

Tuffgu
12th September 2013, 07:31 PM
What about handhelds like Oregon, Dakota, Magellan?

Nicko
12th September 2013, 09:39 PM
Depends if you think a 2.6" and 3" screen are suitable, but I don't think they are unless you want to stop every time you want to look at the screen. It's up to you. Again don't forget the TwoNav product range.

Tuffgu
16th September 2013, 08:29 PM
There a bit pricey for me

Nicko
16th September 2013, 08:43 PM
Well then you are able to buy a Garmin Dakota 20 with datacard slot and download the free 1:250K Shonkymaps, Contours Australia and OSM.