PDA

View Full Version : HP ipaq rx 5765 PDA SD card problem

polar bear
30th March 2007, 03:23 PM
I have just purchased the above unit and have very happily comes to terms with its OziExplorer CE capabilities except this.
I can save to the SD card but cannot access these files in OziExplorer CE.
I expect it is in the "map file path" but cannot seem to crack the problem even though I have persevered. The manual and online help does not even acknowledge that this fuction exists.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am leading a club 4wd trip soon and every geographically challanged member is counting on me. Sad but true!

Help!

Linsday and the Polar Bear

spectre
31st March 2007, 07:24 PM
OK, I assume you are having problems accessing the map files. Go to >File/Configuration/Map & Data Files. Click on the top icon with the 3 dots in it and navigate to Storage Card/<name of folder containing your maps>. That should fix your problem.

You don't need to change anything in the Map Image Files selection in the configuartion menu.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your 5765 :)

Cheers

Gav

The Explorer
31st March 2007, 11:19 PM
The manual and online help does not even acknowledge that this fuction exists.
Linsday and the Polar Bear

Details on configuration relating to map and data file paths are mentioned in the help file..on this page

http://www.oziexplorer3.com/ozice/help/ozice_d_config.html

Even if you dont specify the "right" path you can still navigate to any data or map folder on the PDA or storage card with OziCe anyway. Setting them in configuration just makes them the default ie that folder is opened/searched first...it doesnt stop you from looking elsewhere. Maybe you need to explain your problem in a bit more detail. What "files" cant you access?

Cheers
Greg

polar bear
2nd April 2007, 12:53 PM
Jobs right now and everything is working as Hp & Des Newman intended.
Thank you both for the helpful clues.
I am certainly very happy with the unit.

Regards

Lindsay & the Polar Bear

gd253
30th January 2009, 01:45 PM
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my iPAQ 5765 to recognise a brand new 4GB SD card which I've inserted in the slot on the top. It just doesn't see it.

I'm wondering if the iPAQ is capable of reading a 4GB SD card? Does anyone know the specs for the SD card slot? I do hope it's not Ver 1.0 which only goes up to 2GB.

Thanks,
Geoff

cuvier100
30th January 2009, 07:52 PM
They will take a 4G SD card but not a HC (high capacity) card. Therefore look for a 4GB SD card which is not marked HC or high capacity. They are not easy to get as most 4GB cards are HC.

Mike

gd253
31st January 2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks Mike. You're right, it is an HC card so that explains it. I'll visit Jaycar and see if I can get an ordinary SD card. 4GB was a bit of an overkill anyway, I'd be happy with 2GB.

I wish HP would put this detail into their iPAQ manual, I would've saved $20 and a bit of petrol (not to mention melting in 44C heat. I'm in Melb.)

Cheers,Geoff

Nicko
31st January 2009, 10:02 AM
Maybe the HC datacards didn't exist when your model became available.

gd253
31st January 2009, 01:06 PM
Hi Nicko,

You're probably right. I went and bought a 2GB SD just now and it works ok. I couldn't find a 4GB anywhere, I even tried camera shops. It's ok, 2GB should be alright for what I want to put on it.

cheers,Geoff