PDA

View Full Version : meridian colour-dast. no nat pk shading

helterskelter400
1st April 2007, 07:53 PM
is there any way to turn off the green nat park shading from a magellan meridian running dast not topo.

the screen is hard enought to see as it is. but when nat parks are shaded green, the tracks are almost shaded out.....

(arthur??)

arthurking83
1st April 2007, 09:39 PM
as far as I know, you can only do that if you edit the export.cfg file, and it is very convoluted to do.
Once you do this, you have to re-make all the maps you want this to take effect on, but you must delete the maps already made in the ...\DAST\Export\Images folder in the program files folder.

I'll find my info, post it and you can have a go.

I edited it once to adjust the zoom level where streets detail was not displayed any longer.
From memory, small side street detail is shown up to zoom 700m, which made for a very overcrowded screen. I edited the export.cfg file to change it to 350m(as it is on DAST topo) which makes it easier on th eyes when zoomed out to 700m :)

I have a pdf of how the convoluted numbers work, it may take some experimenting tho.

...watch this space

ps. I know what you're talking about too, I was going to help a mate do this some time ago, but got distracted (very easy to do! :o)

arthurking83
2nd April 2007, 07:53 PM
Phew!

so much junk.. so little space(and time!)

I'll upload the pdf I was torkin' about.

It's not the most detailed instruction manual

You will need to do a bit of muckin about with a small region to test different settings.

Remember to back up the export.cfg file if you want to experiment.

export.cfg is found in the DAST program files folder under

...<program file folder>\DiscoverAus\Map

All your previously made maps are stored in the \Export\Images folder. if you want to make a new version of a map with the same name, it will need to be deleted from that folder first, otherwise DAST tries to save you a heap of time in compiling the map again, and just re-uses that map image again.
Took me ages to figure out why my roads weren't coming out right!

good luck and post any mods that you do! :)

helterskelter400
12th April 2007, 08:07 PM
thanks arthur.

i'll give it a go.

should also assist if i want to turn off creeks over 350m.

arthurking83
14th April 2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah that's the point of all that info.. you can set up the map detail to suit what you need.

I remember reading that for some strange reason lakes change from blue to white at a certain zoom level maybe at 5klm or 10klm zoom(???)
So when you go from one zoom to the next and onto the next again(eg from 5-10-20klm level) the lakes turn white, then blue again??? :Christz_p

Hope you sort it, if you do re-post, because I had a mate that wanted the same thing.. I just got busy(damn family life! :p)

Nicko
14th April 2007, 08:46 PM
It sounds like the GPS is going from the purchased map to the basemap. In one the lakes are one colour and the other the lakes are a different colour...... please tell me I sound logical...

Michael
14th April 2007, 10:29 PM
Nicko you sound logical. :hatoff :hatoff

arthurking83
15th April 2007, 07:15 PM
... In one the lakes are one colour and the other the lakes are a different colour...... please tell me I sound logical...

Yeah it does sound that way, almost certainly the reason.. but what 'can' be annoying to some, is that it goes from one color to the other and then back again!!

.. OK I just checked it....

Bay area around Melb on DAST topo.

At zoom level 2.5klm, the bay is blue(nice shade of blue too! :D)

At zoom 5klm and 10klm it turns white! :thumbsdow (for some folks) doesn't really bother me, although I can see why some folks could be confused.

At zoom 20klm it turns blue again, I suppose because it uses the basemap!