PDA

View Full Version : Saving "Merged" Map to Image File

Chadley
16th April 2007, 07:10 AM
Have merged 3 1:100 topo maps which are now in a .ozfx3 format.
I wish to save it as a.bmp etc with the track log and waypoints for a presentation.
As Oziexplorer doesn't allow me to save it as an image file, is there another way
Ta

Chris

festy
16th April 2007, 01:25 PM
Screen capture? But 3 1:100k maps at screen resolution would be pretty unreadable...

This is why I use ozf2 format :soapbox

festy
16th April 2007, 01:31 PM
...and for a slightly more helpful answer,

export the original 3 maps as bmp/jpg/whatever, then join them together in your favorite image editor.
Take the mapmerge-produced .map file, change the source image to your new 3-joined-maps image with notepad, and load that map instead of mapmerge's map. Overlay your wps, tracks etc and export from ozi.

This is assuming your mapmerge map was made at 100% scale, otherwise the calibration will be out.

Chadley
16th April 2007, 01:52 PM
Sorry festy, I should have been a bit more clear, this is all a bit new and I am not very computer literate (or that should read illiterate).
When I merged the maps I used the same resolution as the original maps. Yes it is a big map, but the track log extended across three 1:100 maps. I need to be able to present it on a laptop screen, or projector, together with all the waypoints, comments etc, in an image ie .bmp. I might try and find a 1:250 map that might suit my purpose a little easier. Your 'how to do' was a little complex for me, though I am very grateful :mighty .

Chris