PDA

View Full Version : Auto routing with Ozi!!! [very beta]

festy
5th July 2007, 10:21 PM
If anyone's keen to do some pre- :beta testing for me, here's a proof-of-concept for auto routing for oziexplorer.
To try it out you'll need the Ozi API installed, and probably a decent understanding of how ozi works with routes etc.

You'll also need an internet connection to route.
Just start ozi, start oziroute, type in a start and end address and ozi will know how to get you there :D
It's a good idea to give as much information as you can for the start and and addresses, like postcode, state etc - because this isn't Australia-concentric.
Oziroute doesn't load maps or anything, so if you're routing between sydney and melbourne but have a WA map loaded, you won't see the waypoints or route.

Gramps
6th July 2007, 06:42 AM
Festy,

Looks promising. Just ran a couple of test routes and they seem OK at the desk. Route and Waypoint buttons in OE don't go Red (stay Black) but save to root directory when clicked.

Regards

Al

Nev
6th July 2007, 08:10 AM
Hi Festy

Just tried your software here in NZ.
All address searches produce the correct instructions at waypoints but they are all misplaced (way out in the in the South Atlantic Ocean) apart from the start and end points which are correct.

An example:
7 Hira Street, Waikanae
8 Sandpiper Place, Christchurch

Neville

Michael
6th July 2007, 08:51 AM
Hi Neville
It must assume you have plenty of time on your hands, & wish to take the scenic route. :wave :hatoff

regards Michael

festy
6th July 2007, 09:04 AM
hehe start at -41/175, next coord is -41/7 :sick3

I never said it produced the shortest route :hatoff

Nev
6th July 2007, 09:16 AM
It's a looong swim! :swim

Nicko
6th July 2007, 09:56 AM
Sorry Nev, I had to edit your reply, couldn't resist adding a swimming smiley :)

Not_lost_just_resting
6th July 2007, 11:46 AM
Oziroute doesn't load maps or anything, so if you're routing between sydney and melbourne but have a WA map loaded, you won't see the waypoints or route.

I did a route between Melb and Syd and noticed when you get to the Barton Hwy turn off just past Yass the route says to take the off ramp from the Hume onto the Barton Hwy and then turn left where the Barton Hwy crosses over the top of the Hume.

It is a long drop.

Nicko
6th July 2007, 11:53 AM
Whereis does the same in some cases, there is an overpass no more than a kilomtere from where I live and TomTom, Co-Pilot do the same.

hangover
6th July 2007, 07:56 PM
Whereis does the same in some cases, there is an overpass no more than a kilomtere from where I live and TomTom, Co-Pilot do the same.

I had that prob but not now with V14 maps for TT installed.

Now festy you just need to make it work with Ozi Ce . :hatoff

vincentvega
6th July 2007, 10:22 PM
you clever bugger. WOW