PDA

View Full Version : transfering unsaved track to computer

fishberley
8th July 2007, 10:05 AM
I have a track and POI on my explorist that I travelled recently.
I have never transferred track information from my GPS to Computer before, so I am not sure how to do it. This track was not saved, but it shows on my GPS screen (loaded with DAST) these tracks are just 'farm tracks' that I want to make a map of.
Any help appreciated.
Regards, Fishberley.

P.S
I have now saved the 'track' on the Explorist XL GPS. It shows as "TKLG001.log" on the GPS. I now need to work out how to transfer this file to my computer and then view it. (using DAST). I tried to import it to DAST, but carn't work out how to do it.

The Explorer
8th July 2007, 12:43 PM
Hello - XL GPS when connected to PC via supplied USB cable should show up as an external memory device. You will then be able to find you track log file in the Track Logs folder.

You need to be able to do/achieve this first before proceeding....can you? If not then we need to resolve this issue first. If you can establish communication with GPS then all is good.

eXplorist format files can not be read by DAST v1 (which is what I assume you have?) You have 2 choices (using mapsend products) - convert the file using software that came with GPS ie Conversion Manager or second and best choice (IMHO) is to get Mapsend Lite V2 which will allow you to open the files , with DAST maps as a background. Download it from here

http://www.gpsoz.com.au/magellan/magellan_mapsendlite.htm

Connect GPS and if all is OK you just use GPS Contents menu to open file you want. DAST maps (either from GPS or PC) can be loaded using GPS Contents - Map Manager.

See how you go

Cheers
Greg

fishberley
8th July 2007, 01:24 PM
I have now worked out how to transfer and print these tracks and POI.
thanks, Fishberley.