PDA

View Full Version : Explorist dramas

gedsar
4th September 2007, 04:26 PM
Hey Guys, I've got an explorist 500LE and am having trouble trying to get maps on it (NSW on disc). I'm pretty much a PC and GPS spaz, I keep getting USB device not recognised. Is there an easy way to do this or should I just wait for my mate to come from Syd and do it for me?.

michaeld
4th September 2007, 07:57 PM
are you using the Magellan conversion program and are you using DAST, if you do a search and there will be help

mlenser
4th September 2007, 09:02 PM
NSW on disc
I've never heard of Magellan compatible maps sold on a state by state basis. Is this a new product?

Regards
Mike.

Nicko
4th September 2007, 09:36 PM
magellan do not produce such maps, I suspect it is a none compatible map.

The Explorer
5th September 2007, 02:46 PM
Hi guys - the original Mapsend product (for Meridians, Sportraks and Map 300 series GP units) was produced on a state by state basis, so this sounds like what gedsar has, though it could be some other map set as no details are given....anyway either way they wont work with eXplorists. You can use mobilemapper to create eXplorist compatable maps from the old Mapsend datasets - see yahoo user group for instructions

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mobilemapper2

or lash out and get DAST or DAST TOPO

Cheers
Greg.

Nicko
5th September 2007, 06:10 PM
the original Mapsend product (for Meridians, Sportraks and Map 300 series GP units) was produced on a state by state basis

hmmmm that product is well before my time. :crutches :crutches

Dooghan
5th September 2007, 06:41 PM
hmmmm that product is well before my time.Here I'm thinking your 800 years old and wise :lol2

The Explorer
5th September 2007, 07:01 PM
hmmmm that product is well before my time. :crutches :crutches

Come on Kids - wasn't actually that long ago - Mapsend WA, Vic, NSW,etc released ~2001. DAST (all Aus on one disc) came out ~ 2003 so it was only 4 or 5 years ago that the individual state CDs were in circulation.

Cheers
Greg

gedsar
5th September 2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks fellal, yep it is a map for the sport trak, I think I'll just get DAST, is there anywhere that is cheaper or all about the same?. About 220 I think I seen it for.