PDA

View Full Version : metroguide install

antsan
16th October 2007, 11:06 AM
hi all,
My father and i both have metroguide installed on our home pc, along with trip and waypoint manager.

the programs are unlocked to my fathers garmin legend.

Unfortunatly, my son decided to use the metroguide cd, with his tonka trucks, and it no longer will load..Extrme Scratches! (along with all the install cds..like windows and others! :crutches

i was wondering if it is possible to somehow transfer metroguide onto my laptop with out the instal cd?? so we can use the gps and laptop on the move??

Or do we need to purchase another cd??

#note: this is not regarding pirated copy.. we have this purchased this product, registed to ourselves, with the unlock codes in our name.

my son had just watched an episode of bob the builder, trying to fix a computer.. so i should feel lucky he only got to the cd!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
regards
Anthony

Nicko
16th October 2007, 12:18 PM
See if standard communications in Sydney are willing to exchange. If not contact Garmin.com and tell them your story and tell them what Standard said. They may be generous enough to help you.

Dooghan
16th October 2007, 02:54 PM
i was wondering if it is possible to somehow transfer metroguide onto my laptop with out the instal cd?? so we can use the gps and laptop on the move??No problem (depend on your level of computer experience) but getting hold of another CD would be a lot easier. Go with Nicko's suggestion.