PDA

View Full Version : Explorist 600 problems

dultim8
5th November 2007, 06:58 AM
Hi Everyone.
i have just bought a Explorist 600 2 weeks ago.
I have all the maps on the Sd card that came with the pack.
When i am driving and say doing 80km's and then i stop at traffic lights. The unit seems to freeze and the speedo will still say im doing 80 and the track log will not move either.
This does not only happen when i am breaking. it could be as i am accelerating or just drving normal.
I hope that this makes sense.
Any ideas??????

The Explorer
5th November 2007, 10:42 AM
Hello - shouldnt jam up like that. Difficult to say what it may be from here. What SD card/mapset are you running. Try it without the SD card and see if it still jams. If it doesnt them maybe some issue with SD card/maps.

Also try

1. full memory reset (menu - preferences - clear memory - All) or

2. install latest firmware - rev.5.2.57

http://www.magellan.com.au/Pages/Downloads.aspx?BrandName=Magellan

If problem persists only solution maybe to send back for repair/replacement

Cheers
Greg

dultim8
5th November 2007, 11:38 AM
Hi Greg.
I have spoken to Magellan and they say the same thing.
Im running NSW ACT map.
Next destination also say that the firmware cant be updated.
something to do with the board that runs it.
I might take it back and see if i can get a new one.
Another option if i can would be to get my money back and just get a PDA GPS all in one.
What do u think about these???

The Explorer
5th November 2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Greg.
Another option if i can would be to get my money back and just get a PDA GPS all in one.
What do u think about these???

I use a Mio p550 PDA with OziExplorer more often than I use the GPS I have...so PDA is certainly an option. They have their limitations so depends what your planned use is, they dont suit everyone.

Cheers
Greg

dultim8
5th November 2007, 12:13 PM
I will be using it for 4x4 driving pretty much 90% of the time.
does ur PDA have a gps built into it?

The Explorer
5th November 2007, 12:19 PM
I will be using it for 4x4 driving pretty much 90% of the time.
does ur PDA have a gps built into it?

Yes - wouldn't bother with external (bluetooth) or plug in GPS (CF/SD) - built in is trouble free and removes the need for extra wires/batteries etc. There are a range of PDAs available with inbuilt gps. While I can't say the Mio is the best available it is good in that it comes with car kit (window suction bracket and 12V cig cord) so was ready to go. Also came with MioMap software which is voice nav program - use it sometimes when in city..otherwise OziExplorerCe + SD card with maps. You can also play music etc out of earphone socket to FM transmitter...if that takes your fancy

Cheers
Greg