PDA

View Full Version : Load Discover Aus on S.D card ?

Black Diamond
9th August 2005, 02:59 PM
Hi to all
I have a Meridiad Gold and I would like to know the easiest and or the most eficeint way to load Discover Australia onto a S.D card. Allso is a 256MB card big enough for all of Aus?
Thanks guys :D

helterskelter400
9th August 2005, 03:22 PM
The best way is with a sd card reader attached to your puker.

Get in country view in disco au so you see all au in main window,..
Goto Region new
Cut region left click looking to keep them to 16mb max
Right click, name and its in the rh coloum
do another region and then another.
Carefull laying them out with min overlap you can get all au onto a 256 card with space to spare for lots of tracks and waypoint lists.

Once you have lots of regions in rh coloum close disco au.

Using windoze explorer, goto disco au/docs directory and simply copy the *.rgn files you just made on to your sd card.

Wack card into meridian, goto card utilities and change map. Select the map you need for the area you in and got for it.

this is what i did anyway i think and it seemed to work.

Shady
9th August 2005, 03:32 PM
Ditto

It's not the easiest but it's definately the most efficient way.
If you upload the maps while plugged up to your GPS, it would take a week finish. Using the card reader/writer should not take all that long.

Ozzie
9th August 2005, 11:12 PM
I uploaded mine by hooking up the GPS to the computer, I didnt think it took that long, after saying that you cant go wrong with a card reader.

Ozzie

gammapisigma
10th August 2005, 07:38 PM
Have read of this (http://www.gpsoz.com.au/dast_faq.htm) page.

Mike.

Nicko
18th August 2005, 01:35 AM
Appreciate the fact that the current version may be sufficient to hold all of Australia now, but as the map info or POIs are added youmay find 256MB is going to be a problem if you update the software. The difference in price between a 256MB and a 512MB is minimal.

yogie
18th August 2005, 04:38 PM
Here's another question, I've been told that discover aus2 will not run on the merdian yellow (see the pic of the GPS in my sig below, too old apparently?? I want to buy the pre loaded SD card, any one know wether this is true or not.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

arthurking83
18th August 2005, 10:08 PM
As I understand it the Meridian (yellow) was limited in it's memory capacity??
This may only be the internal memory.
But!!! Having just looked through the NextDestination site and looking at the DiscAus topo software hype, it doesn't specify which Meridian! It just says compatible with The Meridian series.
So I'd say you're in luck.

I just hope this software is as good as it sounds (hyped up to be)

BurnieM
19th August 2005, 02:08 PM
Here's another question, I've been told that discover aus2 will not run on the merdian yellow (see the pic of the GPS in my sig below, too old apparently?? I want to buy the pre loaded SD card, any one know wether this is true or not.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes, that is right
It will not run on the old (basic) Meridian.

It will run on the Gold model and up

yogie
19th August 2005, 02:36 PM
Yes, that is right
It will not run on the old (basic) Meridian.

It will run on the Gold model and up

well I dont want one then, I feel like telling discover Aus to get lost.... but they wouldnt be able too :D :D :D bugger