PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a plug...

davea1963
12th August 2005, 08:47 PM
Hi all,

I bought a Garmin eTrex Legend C last week and am really happy with it.

I don't know if it's OK to plug a company, but I bought it from GPSOZ (http://www.gpsoz.com.au/index.htm) and I am very happy with both the price and service.

In addition though, when I loaded the bundled Trip and Waypoint manager Software last night, I discovered they've also incorporated the "Tracks4Australia" maps into the software, so I get heaps of detail on the bush roads and tracks that I travel all the time! For me, this is great! :D (NOTE: you need to zoom down to the 3mi range to see ALL the detail, but that's cool)

Now all I have to do is work out how to get decent maps downloaded into the eTrex and you guys have been very helpful with that already!

Take care

Pluto
13th August 2005, 05:49 AM
Yeah, Brian's very helpful and provides good support.

I heard mention that he was bundling T4A with every mapsource sale. It's a good idea, these maps are what Australian garmin users have been waiting for for a long time.

You might also consider subscribing to Tracks4Australia (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracks4australia/) and contribute to its ongoing development.

rusty
13th August 2005, 12:54 PM
its always nice to hear about suppliers who do the right thing by their customers as it helps us who are still stumbling through the process of learning about gps navigating.knowing where we can go to get the right advice , help or gear at a realistic price is always welcome
cheers, Rusty

daviddth
13th August 2005, 05:08 PM
I Bought my GPS (Garmin Quest) from GPSOZ as well. I was looking at the Legend C as well, but ended up going for a GPS more for the car than for personal use. Isnt it great playing with all the different units to see what suits you best!

I cant fault GPSOZ's service, and they told us a great place to have lunch - the Mona Vale Hotel - if your ever in the area the salt & pepper squid is to die for!

Dave

UncySpam
17th August 2005, 05:57 PM
I got my CF GPS through GPSOZ and was very impressed with the service. Add to that, the special they were running at the time made it about $5 more expensive than ebay from taiwan or hk...