PDA

View Full Version : Question on creating Tracks

davea1963
12th August 2005, 08:54 PM
Guys,

When creating a track to download (upload?) to your GPS, do you just click on the intersections or turns (spots you want something to happen, e.g. turn left, turn right, beware!, POI, etc.), or do you go through and click every time the road direction changes?

I was mucking around in "Trip and Waypoint Manager" last night plotting a track from Darwin to Port Keats and ended up with a HUGE number of points! :o Plus it took a long while and then I managed to delete it!

Bugger.

Thanks in advance!

Ozzie
12th August 2005, 10:57 PM
its up to you how you want to create a route, I normally just waypoint the important points eg: TL, TR, SO, etc then just use an event tag at any point I want to refer to or remember,

Ozzie

Pluto
13th August 2005, 05:24 AM
Davea,

Ozzie has nailed it. Turning intersections and significant landmarks only.

However you might find it easier to create them as waypoints and build them into a route(s). You'll find when you're out navigating that they are easier to follow than a track log (especially one you have manually created).

Use the tracklog for recording the trip, not planning it.

Ozzie
13th August 2005, 08:15 AM
Davia is using Trips and Waypoint Manager, Ive never used it, im not to sure if you can route out the run, but then again ive been proven wrong many times :) Maybe Davia could download the shareware version of Oziexplorer and have some fun with that program.

Ozzie