PDA

View Full Version : gMapMaker

bshwckr
1st February 2008, 02:01 PM
http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?t=1116
Link to download in first message of thread.
Enter co-ordinates into the UI and this program will download the map from Google Maps and create an Oziexplorer map file.
I used it to create a hybrid map that showed satellite imagery and streets. Unfortunately, can only download X amount of data from Google Maps before they restrict your IP. I dont know what x is but I managed to get a very detailed map of Katoomba and Jamison Valley before I was banned.
Attached small section of map (screen grab). Had to reduce significantly to upload, the original full map looks great.

palatkik
22nd March 2009, 04:51 PM
Cannot seem to get Google Maps to work anymore. Other maps ok. Any ideas?

Nicko
22nd March 2009, 05:16 PM
with the amount of information you have provided (zero) I'd say we would zero answers to give.

darylr
23rd March 2009, 12:23 PM
Hi BSHWCKR,

Thanks for the link. Tried it breifly at lunch time. Had a small hassle until I worked out the zoom levels. Did a great job on my local map in Ozie.

Michael, Eat your heart out ! :sick3 (Sailing Club is at the northern end of the Jetty Beach)

Regards

Darylr

Michael
27th March 2009, 03:35 PM
Michael, Eat your heart out !
Since I am on a see food diet, I eat anything.
That looks a great yacht harbour.
I bet your waters are warmer than ours.
Just got home from a weeks bushwalk round Cape Otway with my yr 9 students, did some sea kayaking at Blanket Bay out into Bass Strait. (Thanks Apollo Bay Surf & Kayak School for providing the equipment)
Bass Strait is ...hmm? bracing! but still pretty good for a swim at this time of year.