PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to GPS on Tytn II

Patriot
18th February 2008, 06:06 PM
Hi all,

We are currently writing an App for Windows Mobile 6, testing on a Tytn II, and we are having difficulty getting data out of the GPS.

Every now and then it will return the number of satellites that it can see, but that is all.

We are using the Geoframeworks GPS.net.

The appp works well on a laptop, but porting to WM 6 is proving 'interesting'.

Does anyone have any clues on getting a WM6 device with GPS working? Are we trying the simplest way, or making it overly complicated.

Thanks in advance,

James

Looking for a good route?
www.4x4earth.com.au (http://www.4x4earth.com.au)

bshwckr
18th February 2008, 08:13 PM
Does anyone have any clues on getting a WM6 device with GPS working? Are we trying the simplest way, or making it overly complicated.

I have OziCE Dev version, GPSVP, Cachemate with Cachnav all working fine on my WM6 iMate talking to a bluetooth GPS.
I also have an iPaq with built-in gps running a late version of WM5 that includes the gps management as used in WM6.
This is probably way below your level but make sure you have selected "Manage GPS Automatically" in GPS Access tab and then point your program to the "virtual" GPS port (Usually com 7). If I try to access the actual gps port (com 1) I can usually connect and then it just freezes and drops out. Something like you described above.
bshwckr

Patriot
23rd February 2008, 10:09 AM
Hey, thanks for that, we will have a look at OziCE and see if that is helpful.

James