PDA

View Full Version : Devices supporting multiple country maps?

jik22
19th February 2008, 09:28 AM
Hi all, do any of the Magellan in-car units support loading maps for multiple countries and letting me swap between them as I travel?

I'm trying to do what I do today with my TomTom Go, which is in need of replacement, so I'm checking out the other vendors.

(Ideally, I'd like to also have the topo and track maps for Aus on it too, but I'm guessing this would just be the crossover, which I'm told can't have other country maps loaded?)

Thanks

Nicko
19th February 2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Jik

The problem is, in the forum there is a lot of write up on the Magellan products and you may need to troll through the forum using keywords such as crossovergps etc. In answer to your question, don't bother with Magellan for overseas maps.

jik22
20th February 2008, 04:39 AM
Hi Jik

The problem is, in the forum there is a lot of write up on the Magellan products and you may need to troll through the forum using keywords such as crossovergps etc. In answer to your question, don't bother with Magellan for overseas maps.

Thanks. From this and other information I've got, it seems Magellan is not even a contender!

Nicko
20th February 2008, 10:33 AM
Taking a unit overseas you either choose a Garmin or buy a PDA. There are no other options at the moment... until June ;)