PDA

View Full Version : Port Splitter (PPC)

Nicko
12th March 2008, 05:53 PM
Port Splitter 1.0

With Port Splitter, you can share data of one COM port between several applications.

Click Here For Details (http://www.gpsmeter.com/index.php?page=portsplitter)

Choose "Downloads" to access version you require.

Mr Router
13th March 2008, 04:19 AM
I have had a crack at that one and results were very negative :crutches, needs more com port extensions!
Even though it cost gpsgate is my pick so far for splitters, only my 20 cents :wave

bshwckr
13th March 2008, 10:31 AM
If all you want to do is share you GPS data to several applications on late WM5 and WM6 PPCs, you do not need this. The built in GPS management does the job quite well. Add GPS2blue (Free application already in the Online Shop) can also use this data and send a PDAs internal GPS data to another device via bluetooth. This can occur while still using the GPS data on the PDA as well. All the applications on the pda connect to the "Active" com port, in my case Com 7.
bshwckr

Nicko
13th March 2008, 11:43 AM
If everyone put in their twenty cents worth I'd be...... $1,200 richer! (6,000 members ;) )

Mr Router if you like add gpsgate with your experience and a link within this Program Registry?

Pocileh
13th March 2008, 05:50 PM
I have had a crack at that one and results were very negative :crutches, needs more com port extensions!
Even though it cost gpsgate is my pick so far for splitters, only my 20 cents :wave

Yes, gpsgate it is. I've been using it for years now (mentioned it twice on the board here I think).
Set up is a bit awkward (RTFM) but once the setup is done it's runs fine.
It is not expensive, you can run a trial for two weeks for free and can find it over here. (http://franson.com/gpsgate/)

BTW it can do more than just splitting ports.

Nicko
13th March 2008, 05:54 PM
I've downloaded the trial version. I want to track a vehicle live using Google Earth on a PC initially then maybe on the PPC. I have the starsnav vehicle tracking hardware and they have a server with tracking capability which I will be using for the PC instead.

Nev
13th March 2008, 06:15 PM
I agree with Pocileh. GPSgate is a very useful program. On my laptop with a bluetooth GPS I can run simultaneously (just to prove a point -:)) Garmin nRoute, VisualGPS, Oziexplorer, Memory-Map, GPS Trackmaker, CompeGPS, TUMONZ, log the NMEA outputs to files, broadcast data over the internet and also display Garmin protected mapsets.
Well worth the money!

Neville

bshwckr
13th March 2008, 07:08 PM
Looks like your up to 80c now Nicko. :wave
I have used GPSgate as well and highly recommend it. Once set up it works effortlessly. I streamed GPS data from my pda into the laptop on a recent NZ tour to run moving map on Oziexplorer. I could take the PDA out of the car (to nab a geocache) and then plug it back into the laptop on return. The two devices reconnected without my help and off we went again.