PDA

View Full Version : Navman S90i

Johnsy
25th March 2008, 06:44 AM
Hi all, I got a Navman S90i, does anyone know what Navman has planed to do with TMC. I have tried to get it working but I cannot recive a signal. I have asked people from where I brought it from about whats going on and they have no idea and recommened to contact navman which I have tried to do but it's impossible.

Will navman do what Mio has done and have a subscription or should it be working now.

Regards
Johnsy

Edit :

I just got this email from Navman today. I thoght I would post it if anyone was wondering the same thing.

Dear Adrian

Thank you for contacting the Navman team,

There has been some delays in getting the service setup. We expect the service to be up around June this year.

I hope this has answered your question. If you have any more queries, do not hesitate to contact us further.

Regards,

Khoa Nguyen

Customer Support

Navman Australia

Suite 2, 408 Victoria Road, Gladesville NSW 2111

PO Box 3090 Monash Park, NSW 2111

Australia

TEL: +61 2 9879 9000

FAX: +61 2 9879 9001

http://www.navman.com

Designers & Manufacturers of GPS, Communication and Marine Products

bobtaus
15th May 2008, 09:34 PM
Hi all, this may be a silly question, but, is it possible to load off road maps onto a sd card to insert into a s90i, and use the touch screen features or would the sd maps interfere with the already loaded maps.
:hatoff

Nicko
16th May 2008, 01:05 AM
The Tevion thread gives you an idea of what is required to change maps. What you want to do is not possible. You can if you buy a Garmin though.

Angryman
27th October 2008, 02:30 PM
I have a pair of s90i's myself and I have even updated the mapping to the latest on both of them to the R15 maps. I was ****ed! when I found that the TMC still did not work on them.

So I rang up the muppets at NAVMAN and asked them what was going on and why it wasn't working. I'm told that NAVMAN has no indication at this time as to when this service will be available. Go figure...Advertised as being able to work with the SU?NA TMC system but it doesn't! And to think I shelled out $600 clams a piece on these thins...should've bought a tomtom

So in summary do not purchase the $179 map upgrades as they do nothing to activate the TMC.

Angry

Nicko
27th October 2008, 04:35 PM
In summary take it back and get your money back! The Moov series have only just the past week been registered to work with Suna and yet they stated it does weeks before when in fact it wasn't.

They soon fixed up that little error but no doubt you weren't made aware the i90 was discontinued 8 weeks go.

Angryman
28th October 2008, 09:36 AM
Unfortunately I bought my first s90i when they first appeared on the market with the promise of TMS...some 12 months ago so its outside the warranty period. The second one however says that it is TMC ready....which is bull****...its just marketing guff to say "yep its ready...just as soon as we enable it...." which potentially could be never!

Nicko
28th October 2008, 09:53 AM
That's what I said in my write up (http://www.gpsaustralia.org) on the 265 series. Ready doesn't mean ready, but may mean optional.

captpocketoad
18th December 2008, 07:23 AM
I too have a S90i and just purchased the R15 maps (2008.3) to get the stupid TMC to work. The problem is I can not unshade the TMC radio station box to allow it to search for a radio station.

Reading another post I have found that the files in the TMC folder (AUTF0180.TRF AUTF5480.TRF AUTF5680.TRF) for VIC, NSW and QLD are the outdated ones and I require AUTF0181.TRF, AUTF5481.TRF and AUTF5681.TRF.

Just got off the phone to Navman and after explaining myself several times I finally got an answer back saying that to work the TMC I "do" need the newer files.

I am now waiting for the newer files to be sent out, so if you to are in the same boat ring Navman and demand that the correct files are forwarded to you ASAP.

I wonder if this will get the TMC to work.

Capt PT

captpocketoad
19th December 2008, 01:45 PM
Well to follow up on my post above, I was able to get the updated files (and thank you to the other member on this forum for that) however this made no differance at all.

I have tried everything to get this TMC thing happening, I even took the thing into the city (Sydney) to see if my place has a reception problem but that did not help.

Navman have been useless putting me on hold as the "tech" runs back and forth asking questions to whoever. Emailing them and all I get back is that they thank me for my email and will reply once they can.

How hard could it be, all I want is my S90i to work like it should with TMC, so is this why the model is now discontinued?

I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has this problem, if we are able to muster together we may be able to get an outcome from Navman.

Capt PT

NotLostDave
19th December 2008, 03:52 PM
Have you tried using Navdesk and Unloading and Reloading the Australia maps - the ***x.trf files need to be referred to in mapshigh.xml. and the unload/relaos writes the correct entries into the file

I presume you have the unlock key for the TMC. (-:

After I got the key the TMC only sprang into life with the reload. I don't know whether the ***x81 are vital , I've 2008.3 and ***x80.trf

Hope this helps

D.

captpocketoad
29th December 2008, 09:49 AM
It must be the combination of parking the vehicle north at 10.75° on a slight 5.5° upwards slope with a clear sky, humidity at 80% and temperature at 23.5°C wearing a worn grey t-shirt, but the TMC just came on this morning.

I purchased the TMC code about 2 months ago and have been trying ever since to get it to work, uninstalling maps and then reloading them, different TMC files plus who knows how many calls to the infamous Navman support hotline, all of which has been hopeless. But today driving on the other edge of the Sydney reception area the green light just come on and TMC is working…WTF! I can’t work it out as I have been trying to work it through the middle of Sydney, so there fore it can’t be a reception issue, and my normal trip is two hours each way, so that rules out not allowing it time to “warm up”.

The unit kicked in after about 3-4 minutes and gave me traffic information for the whole Sydney region (North to pass the F3, west to the Blue Mountains and south towards the ‘Gong) and on the quietest day on the roads I have seen this year.

Well I will be looking forward to see how this thing turns out as over the next 4 weeks as I will get to try out Brisbane’s Gateway Motorway and the best Melbourne traffic can come up with before heading back into Sydney’s finest.

I would like to thank all on this forum who have offered advice/help with my issue, it appears the online community have more power when we can all contribute our little bits.

Captpocketoad
Navman S90i now with TMC