PDA

View Full Version : I got it working!!!!

Jards
19th August 2005, 09:22 AM
Sorry to be so excited, but I managed to get OZi CE working on the PDA and also got the 1:250K Natmap working on the PDA as well. I am stoked. I appreciate that this is nothing really big for you guys, but for me it is a start to a whole new world of navigation.

Now I am after more detailed maps of QLD and NSW VIC and TAS. I have read a few threads here of 1:100K and 1:25K maps of various places. If anyone has any hints on the best place to get them, either downloaded, bought or copied than it would be very much appreciated.

I am also going to get some WAC charts for navigation when flying. Damn this stuff is good!

Cheers
Jards
(huge GRIN!!!) :) :) :)

Ozzie
19th August 2005, 09:55 AM
Jards thats great to hear,, your wrong we all get excited when a new member has joined the team of electronic navigation, we now look forward to hearing how you go and seeing some of your trek notes on here.

Ozzie

festy
19th August 2005, 09:59 AM
Congratulations! Setting it all up from scratch can be quite daunting.
Regarding the maps you're after - there is a whole bunch of NSW topo maps available for download from this site - the catch being that they're only available to forum members with 10 or more posts to their name. We're currently working on a set of tas maps (you'll see reference to them around the forums too) and a set of qld and vic maps are in the pipeline too.

There's a few DVDs of the complete 1:100k and 1:25k nsw topo maps being passed around by the members of the Overlander forum (http://forums.overlander.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=26989) - maybe we should start something similar here.

Feel free to contribute any interesting waypoints or tracks, that's what this forum is all about.

Jon
27th August 2005, 05:10 PM
Congrats Jards, let me know how the Aviation stuff goes :)

hope you get some NT maps to post

Jon

strider01
27th August 2005, 09:15 PM
Well done mate!! I remember no that long ago when I managed to do just what you have done. It's a great feeling to have mastered the start of it all!! And just remmber there is a huge amount still to go!! :D